Alternate Timeline Theory

• So, I've been playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse and it appears that Dragon Ball GT has been regulated to an alternate timeline. This has caused me to think that the movies (which are generally seen as non-canon) ARE canon, but in respective timelines.
    For example, Dragon Ball GT itself is an alternate timeline from even the main story due to one thing:
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/6/6a/CoolerAndroid19OthersGT.png/revision/latest?cb=20100812153840
    Cooler.
    One may chalk it up as a cameo appearance, but what-if DBGT only exists in timelines that at least the events of Cooler's Revenge occurred?
    It leads me to wonder if all the movies/OVAs/Specials exist in their own timelines or timelines with multiple movie events.
    For example, Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (& its remake Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans) can only exist in a timeline if Movie 3 (Tree of Might), Movie 4 (Lord Slug), Movie 5 (Cooler's Revenge), & Movie 8 (Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan) occurred. Turles, Lord Slug, Cooler, & Frieza are present as Ghost Warriors. Interestingly, Movie 6 (The Return of Cooler) appears to not have occurred as the depiction of Cooler's death is from Movie 5 and NOT 6. Frieza was killed by Future Trunks, though as seen in a flashback. Broly is mentioned by Goku when he observes Hatchiyack's power.
    Fusion Reborn, Movie 12, is another case. Vegeta is dead throughout the film as is Goku. Perhaps it takes place in a timeline where Majin Buu was destroyed and the two Saiyans were not brought back to life? Any case, the movies involved for it to take place are Movie 2 (World's Strongest), Movie 3 (Tree of Might), Movie 4 (Lord Slug), Movie 5 (Cooler's Revenge), Movie 8 (Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan), & Movie 9 (Bojack Unbound).
    What are your thoughts?

• I think it is more or less going to be viewed more as non cannon without much of an explantation. I think Xenoverse just needed some sort of story based reason for it to make sense.