Must watch animes?

• Was wondering if there are any must watch animes you can think of?

• Mmmmm, nope! None that are must-watch, to my knowledge

I would recommend watching what seems interesting to you, though

• Well, Cowboy Bebop I would personally argue is mandatory.

Then I would try out Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Baccano!, and Black Lagoon.

Watch all of those, then see me in the morning. :)

• This post is deleted!

• -Cowboy Bebop

-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

-Gurren Lagann

-Steins;Gate

-Summer Wars

-Hunter x Hunter 2011

• @Riles:

Mmmmm, nope! None that are must-watch, to my knowledge

I would recommend watching what seems interesting to you, though

I've never agreed with the "watch what you like" person; that will only restrict you to the same group of people when talking about anime. Expand your interests, and make new friends!

@katie: there have been some really good suggestions, but I highly encourage you to check out ARIA. It's one of my absolute favorites.

• @7jaws7:

I've never agreed with the "watch what you like" person; that will only restrict you to the same group of people when talking about anime. Expand your interests, and make new friends!

Well I certainly wouldn't recommend "watch what you think you won't like." All that does is make you sarcastic and cynical

Don't worry, I chose my words carefully. "Interesting" and "like" are two different things

• Something on funimation

• thanks for the help guys!

• You should try watching bleach.

• You should try watching Naruto

• Ping Pong. It's not your typical sports anime, but a great story and work of art.

• You should try watching Samurai X.

• All depends on your style, for gore id say Claymore or psycho pass. for more funny PG type would be fairy tail, Assassination class room, Dragonballz. for ecchi id say Haganai, Bet-to, Absolute Duo. for MA type id say High school DXD, sekirei, freezing. and for (G,L,N) id suggest Black lagoon. … and there are so many more categories that will make this post to long lol hope that helped some

• Dragon Ball Z is fun to watch.

• -Cowboy Bebop

-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (or the original, but I haven't seen that one yet)

-Puella Magi Madoka Magica (stick through to the end of episode 3)

-Ghost in the Shell (1995 film)

-Wolf Children

Erm, I have plenty of other great shows, but they aren't exactly 'must-watches'.

• Dragon Ball GT

• Log Horizon - Mmorpg / Mystery anime
    Sword Art Online - Mmorpg / Romance anime
    Death Note - Original / Mind game anime
    Spice and Wolf - Romance / Adventure anime
    Steins Gate - Time Travel / Adult (as in hard to understand) anime

These are all my must watch animes, I know a bunch of great animes but these are the ones that I love the most and if you didn't watch one definitely check them out. I gave the basic genres to help you choose one that might interest you. These are pretty popular so I wouldn't be surprised if you watched them all already =p

• If I might just say one thing?

If you're not watching Blood Blockade Battlefront this season…. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

• Bakemonogatari and all of the prequels and sequels, amazing graphic works. The Ghost in the Shell works, Solid State Society, Laughing man, Arise. Paranoia Agent, brilliant story, some of the best design work in some episodes. Toradora, one of my very favourite rom coms, and my very favourite Tsundere Taiga Aisaka.

• I'll list my favorites and what genre that fall under.

High School DxD: Harem, Comedy, Romance
    Heaven's Lost Property: Harem (not hard core like the last one), Comedy, Drama
    Vampire Knight: Romance, Adventure, Drama
    Rosario + Vampire: Harem, Comedy (biggest one on this series), Action

Those are my current favorites, and as you can see most of them have a lot of the same elements in them. A couple of those are considered by many to be "must see" anime.