Production costs for season 2 of Hataraku Maou-sama! ???

• Is there an estimated cost for the production of Devil is a part timer! season 2?

• Just out of curiosity, why do you ask? You're not trying to raise the funds necessary to try and convince the production companies to create another season, are you?

Because if you are…. That's really not how things work. :hmm:

• since Funi didn't actually made Devil is a Part-timer raisin any funds isn't going to do anything anyway. That's up to the company folks in japan, and on how well it did there.

• prolly get a kickstarter and get White Fox to make another season

• @dcomanda:

prolly get a kickstarter and get White Fox to make another season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Yeah no. That ain't how this works. If it sold well enough in Japan it'll get another adaptation in the future. I'm not fully aware of how its sales figures did but I don't think it did anywhere near poorly in Japan. I could be wrong on that but I ask that you not stress over it too much as the show is now only just 2 years old. The possibility of a future adaptation for that series isn't hopeless (unlike a couple other shows that Funimation has) but there's no real way of knowing until they come out and say it.

• @dcomanda:

prolly get a kickstarter and get White Fox to make another season

You can only use Kickstarter to get the necessary funds for something you already own the rights to. Do you own the production rights to The Devil Is a Part-Timer?

• @classyspartan:

I'm not fully aware of how its sales figures did but I don't think it did anywhere near poorly in Japan.

For the record, sales in Japan ranged from a high of 15,487 (volume 1) to a low of 10,544 (volume 5 of 6).

In way of comparison, those sales are higher than the original Date A Live and Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya series from the same year, and even edge out High School DxD New (which ranged from 9,021 - 10,417).

If it doesn't get a second series, the reason certainly won't be lack of sales.

Some might be disheartened, however, by the fact that all were soundly beaten by Infinite Stratos 2, which ranged from 14,107 - an astounding 27,568. (It topped out at a still impressive 17,343 if you omit the first volume).

• What do you all propose I do then?!? Sit idly by and let nothing get done.

• @dcomanda:

What do you all propose I do then?!? Sit idly by and let nothing get done.

Yes.

sits back and eats Cheetos :hmm:

• yup

or read the Light Novels. Yen Press recently licensed them

• @dcomanda:

Welcome to the American Anime Market. Where 95% of the time, you don't matter to the Japanese studios unless it comes to streaming or overall global popularity, and 100% of the time you have literally no control in what seasons of a show get greenlit or not.

However thanks to TheAncientOne I now actually have statistics to work with for how well the show did, and if it did about as well as two other shows that already have been given another season or two then I'd say that another season for Devil is a Part-Timer is probably looking up fairly decently.

But that's the true tragedy in that all that CAN be done is for them to use the statistics of Japanese DVD/Blu-Ray sales which granted aren't very cheap and only really come with a handful of episodes. It's kind of one of the biggest flawed systems of the system that ultimately comes down to, and it's even why people try to discourage reverse importation from here because they see it as cheaper to do that sometimes. But yeah, really only the Japanese market of viewers can actually change the flow of what shows get another shot.

All you CAN do is wait, and it's never really clear when they'll come. Sometimes they take about a year or two, others they have like 4-5 years in between seasons (Shows like Durarara and the newest season of Working!!! for example are like 4-5 years apart). But yeah. Sitting idly by and waiting is….as of this moment the only effective measure the foreign market has for Japanese anime.

• @dcomanda:

you and all of us don't really have much choice in that matter. Just be thankful for what it did give us and the hope that it has a chance at a 2nd season. And till such news comes if at all you'll just have to occupy your time with other great series. I'm with you. I would love a 2nd series to this show. But we can't do much but wait.

• Not to mention people VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTLY underestimate how much it costs to professional create anime. I would be extremely surprised if they could even reach half of the bare minimum.

• Whew! I almost went off on you people!

Grow up, I have watched this stuff for almost 30 years! Trust me, I know what I am talking about. They can do what they want - they want to do anything. That is the REAL reason.

No, I am pretty sure the cost, and maintenance is low for production of these works. My cousin is going to art school over here. They produce great stuff in a short amount of time. IF YOU ARE NOT PROPERLY REPORTING SALES, OR INTEREST IN IT - THAT IS YOUR FAULT! Companies do not SKIP a major chance to make money. Especially when a third of the work has been done - like writing the story line, or coming up with characters( That is actually half).

Stop LYING to these people. What you are mentioning is OLD info. Seriously this is starting to get on my nerves.

• This post is deleted!

• If companies don't skip a chance to make major money, why isn't a season 2 of The Devil Is a Part-Timer being produced?

• @biggdaddymiller: First off, please don't double post. Use the Edit Post button instead.

Secondly, you might want to check that confrontational tone of yours. We won't be having that on these forums. Please stay respectful or else. -_-

• @biggdaddymiller:

Whew! I almost went off on you people!

Grow up, I have watched this stuff for almost 30 years! Trust me, I know what I am talking about. They can do what they want - they want to do anything. That is the REAL reason.

No, I am pretty sure the cost, and maintenance is low for production of these works. My cousin is going to art school over here. They produce great stuff in a short amount of time. IF YOU ARE NOT PROPERLY REPORTING SALES, OR INTEREST IN IT - THAT IS YOUR FAULT! Companies do not SKIP a major chance to make money. Especially when a third of the work has been done - like writing the story line, or coming up with characters( That is actually half).

Stop LYING to these people. What you are mentioning is OLD info. Seriously this is starting to get on my nerves.

While what you say may or may not be true. The FACT is that nothing we say or do over here is going persuade our friends in japan to necessarily make a 2nd season, no matter how much we loved it and may want it to happen. IF they choose… IF! they choose to, they will. When is completely up to them. But Ranting here won't accomplish anything on how much you, me or any of us want them to make a 2nd season.