Soul Eater

• Do Soul and Maka ever fall in love?

• that's what I wanna knw

• ugh, it's killing me.

• Despite their closeness, It's been stated by the author of Soul Eater that there's no romantic attraction between the two.

So canonically? No. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

Despite their closeness, It's been stated by the author of Soul Eater that there's no romantic attraction between the two.

So canonically? No.

I call bullshit on that actually. Just seems like there's a lot of stuff there for it to be a thing, like almost to the point of it being too much you know. Like especially within the later stuff in the manga it just feels very apparent to me I guess but hey. Like of all the cute anime couples I've seen over the years that one still stands as one of my personal favorites.

Though technically in the series, there has been no 100% confirmed romantic feelings for one another. You want to go to headcanon, fan theories and your overall interpretations, that's cool. Hell that's what I do. However, in a way maybe it's for the best to just leave this sort of thing ambiguous, as Naruto's final chapter showed me that whenever someone decides to have the decision to make a canon pairing official, someone is ALWAYS GOING TO GET PISSED OFF.

So while ambiguity is annoying it's logical. But I personally believe there's still something there at least but just nothing official to the canon. It's even worse when the show basically teases the shit out of it only for the anime to f**king trick you:

http://media.giphy.com/media/cUemi8qSpUSeQ/giphy.gif

I hate that scene with a burning passion.

• Oh believe me, I agree. I'm just going off what the author has reported said. It definitely seems like there's a lot going on between Maka and Soul that it's hard to ignore that there's definitely something there between them.

Also, we've got a dedicated Soul Eater forum here on the site, so I'll be moving this thread there.

• thanks fer doing that
    I really wish they would've ended up together, im so tortured by this

• I guess I'm alone on this one. A romantic relationship would probably just get in the way of their technician/weapon compatibility.

Besides, Maka has made it pretty clear in the beginning that she's "anti-man" after her father's constant fooling around, and Soul probably still sees Maka as a kid (not just in the chest area)

• Sigh,if only we got another season, but since the 51st ep said final episode that won't happen