2015 Amazons of Anime Cuts

• Since we only have room for so many nominations, I'm leaving it up to you guys to decide the final master list.

The link at the bottom will lead you to a SurveyMonkey poll where you will approve or reject all 199 characters. If you are undecided on a character or don't know who they are, you may abstain. Be prepared, this poll may take you about 15 minutes to complete. If you have questions, this is the place to ask.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8NP9VD3

• Why are you doing this and how long are you leaving this up?

• And…. done.

• I'm finished.

Now that I think about it, I probably could've put in either Yura or Yuki-Onna from Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan for this tournament. It wasn't a particularly memorable series, but it had a decent cast, and one hell of a villain in S2.

Great, now I'm sort of regretting it. Oh well, either of those two can wait for next year.

• @DrewFace520:

Why are you doing this and how long are you leaving this up?

I'll be keeping this open until I'm ready to post the tournament's discussion thread. Reason I'm doing this is that I don't believe I should just pick all the characters myself.

Most characters that were nominated this year will get in anyways.

• I think I should start a thread here devoted to debating if RWBY is an anime or not. If the side that says "Yes" wins, Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and other strong heroines in the series can step up and play.

• ^But…it's not. It wasn't produced in Japan, so it's not an anime. And I don't believe Monty Oum (RIP btw) or anyone else who worked on it have ever called it an anime, either. -_-

Anyway, I completed the survey. Oddly enough, I didn't reject many of the entries, other than Ikki Tousen and Queen's Blade characters, along with a few others.

• What Astro said. Even though the argument regarding what is and is not "anime" continues ever onward with no signs of ever dieing out, for the sake of this tournament, the term refers to any film, show or series that was animated in Japan. Obviously, RWBY was not, so it doesn't count.

Even if you made an exception for RWBY, you'd have to do the same for all the other anime-inspired Western shows like Avatar, Wakfu, Teen Titans, etc. And that would just horribly complicate things.

• @iamshodan:

I think I should start a thread here devoted to debating if RWBY is an anime or not.

How about no

EDIT: Why isn't Birdy on that survey?

• @Riles:

EDIT: Why isn't Birdy on that survey?

She was part of the tournament last year and was nominated again this year, so she's already in (same for a good number of other characters, I think jaws posted the list in another thread).

This is just new nominations and characters that were in the tournament last year (but weren't nominated again this year) to fill in the remaining spots needed.

At least that was my understanding.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Even if you made an exception for RWBY, you'd have to do the same for all the other anime-inspired Western shows like Avatar, Wakfu, Teen Titans, etc. And that would just horribly complicate things.

Exactly. I would absolutely love to have Toph and Raven in this, but it's not gonna happen.

• @Firefly:

She was part of the tournament last year and was nominated again this year, so she's already in (same for a good number of other characters, I think jaws posted the list in another thread).

Okay, thanks. I got confused because the OP said "accept or reject all 199 characters"

• Yeah, Firefly is right. And the list is in the OP of the nominations thread, in spoiler tags.

• @SpacemanHardy:

What Astro said. Even though the argument regarding what is and is not "anime" continues ever onward with no signs of ever dieing out, for the sake of this tournament, the term refers to any film, show or series that was animated in Japan. Obviously, RWBY was not, so it doesn't count.

Well, why not give them their own separate Amazon tournament? An Amazons of the Animsque if you will. Anyway, I rejected Asuna and Sakura as they started off kick-ass but then became weak, helpless flowers. And Botan because she isn't usually a combatant.

• I already run three tournaments annually on this forum. If you want an event where Ruby, Korra, and other non-anime ladies can take part in, you'll have to run it yourself.

Although, it's difficult with two more tournaments lined up after this one. If you're still interested, I can save you a spot for Fall.

• @iamshodan:

Well, why not give them their own separate Amazon tournament? An Amazons of the Animsque if you will.

I have no idea why you'd wanna do that, and I don't think enough of those kind of shows exist to even have a real tournament like this one.

But whatever, it's not my place to say no. :hmm:

• Alright people. RWBY characters aren't going to be featured in this tournament right now so there's really no point in trying to push for it now. All we can do now is just wait and see who the final list of contenders is for the tournament (believe me I've been pushing for Taiga and Tomoyo quite hard and I at least hope they'll get nominated if anything.

• @7jaws7:

Although, it's difficult with two more tournaments lined up after this one. If you're still interested, I can save you a spot for Fall.

I'll take it!

• @iamshodan:

I'll take it!

Sold!

Just remember you're responsible for taking nominations and creating a reasonable schedule, so the tournament doesn't take too long.

• So when can we expect full nominations/tournament to begin?

• I haven't received any new responses in a few days, so I'll wrap things up this weekend. Sunday night I'll post the characters that didn't make the cut here in this thread, and then I'll put up the official tournament discussion thread with the final master list.

The tournament will begin on Monday, April 27th.