Reviewer's Guide?

• where do we need to go and how do we need to go about it, to get permission to post reviews of shows licensed by funimation?

looking into creating a Anime Review Channel on youtube and would like to know how and where i need to go the get permissions to this kind of stuff.

not sure if this is where i need to post this but it's my best guess.

• As far as I know you don't need permission to review a show as long as you aren't making money off of the review.

Don't think funimation would really contact you if you did reach out to them about the matter either to be honest .

• i plan on using content from the shows, and i want to avoid copyright issues. if i use content that i don't have the rights to use regardless of fair use that does apply but i also want to monetize these reviews, so i would need permission anyway. all i really want to know is do i submit a support ticket requesting permission, if so what format do i follow or fields do i need to select, or is there some other way i need to go about getting these permissions.

• The way i understand it , if your in the US you can use copyrighted materials for purpose of reviews .

Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

• To my understanding i still can't monetize it. plus some companies are wonky anyway. i have experience on youtube with copyright stuff. i used to do audiosurf videos, stopped doing that because of a combination of reasons, but the main one being that i did not want to deal with the copyright issues attributed to their release. i don't want to deal with the issues with this endeavor, especially since i want to use it for a little cash to help with college. i would rather have the permissions i need to do as such, than not having them and not making money for college, and funi Blu-rays.