Delayed broadcast and censored

• Well the first episode of the third season has been uploaded! But unfortunately it is delayed broadcast and censored. Frankly I can handle the delay but censored? I wouldn't even mind pixelation but these dam flying DXD's especially when trying to read the subtitles is way to distracting. Couldn't Funimation get a license to air the same day without censoring? I was looking forward to this season but as of now I am disappointed.

• From what I've heard, the only uncensored broadcast is on a premium channel; there's absolutely no way they would be able to get the uncensored version right away. But I'm sure that once they get everything set for the DVD release, they'll replace the current simulcast with the uncensored version; I think it was this way for the previous two seasons.

• @cyberd1:

Couldn't Funimation get a license to air the same day without censoring?

The answer is obviously no

• Bumber, gonna have to put up with the unofficial, low quality, uncensored translation till they get the DVD is ready in the next few months. :(

• Disappointing I was looking forward to release!

• High School DxD is my NUMBER 1 FAVORITE SHOW PLEASE DO NOT CENSOR THE SHOWS!!!!

• @GalaxyCrisis:

From what I've heard, the only uncensored broadcast is on a premium channel; there's absolutely no way they would be able to get the uncensored version right away. But I'm sure that once they get everything set for the DVD release, they'll replace the current simulcast with the uncensored version; I think it was this way for the previous two seasons.

So they went with the economy license which is delayed release and censored, as apposed to the premium license which is same day release and uncensored. Sigh it all comes down to money and how popular the show is.

• @cyberd1:

So they went with the economy license which is delayed release and censored, as apposed to the premium license which is same day release and uncensored. Sigh it all comes down to money and how popular the show is.

That's assuming the uncensored broadcast version was offered to them, and it might not have been.

• probably isn't offered too them, or CR as all shows with an AT-X uncensored broadcast never get streamed. I sent in a question to Justin Sevakis asking him about it last week, so hopefully he'll answer it in this friday's answerman

on the bright side, at ;least it isn't on Mondays like I assumed it would be

• I watched it tonite online and uncensored in 720p ! I won't mention the site name in case it's against the rules . The 2 ova's are there too . it's on a legal site , not pirated !! Boobies FTW…

• @Firefly:

That's assuming the uncensored broadcast version was offered to them, and it might not have been.

When you are working on the rights to use a licensed product very rarely is there something that is off the table, it mainly is up to the amount of money you are willing to pay. It is a balancing act of trying to get what you want vs how much your company can afford. There are many things involved with licensing one of which is what country's you will be able to exercise the license, where you may have to give up on something to get more venues and stay on budget.

They have just added the simulcast time and it looks like there may only be delayed 4 hours we will see if episode 2 airs this Saturday.

Frankly I can deal with censoring I may not like it but my issue is with those flying "D"'s the censoring used in the hot spring was fine and if it were a dubbed version the flying D's would just be annoying but with the subtitled version for me it is unexceptionable.

• The censored version is the one that is aired in Japan..Since right now this is a simulcast you won't get the uncensored version right away. Japan has very strict laws regarding nudity on TV. Don't worry Funimation will give us the uncensored version eventually.

• @mordenaj:

The censored version is the one that is aired in Japan..Since right now this is a simulcast you won't get the uncensored version right away. Japan has very strict laws regarding nudity on TV. Don't worry Funimation will give us the uncensored version eventually.

Actually the uncensored versions have already aired in japan but it appears that Funimation doses not have the licensing agreement with that network.

On the bright side they did get the same day airing rights so we only have to wait 4 hrs after it airs be for we get to see it.

• does that mean there's chance we WONT get uncensored version

• @followernumber1:

does that mean there's chance we WONT get uncensored version

it wont be simulcast uncensored, but it will be on the DVD/BD release

• @followernumber1:

does that mean there's chance we WONT get uncensored version

As Getchman said you will be seeing it but not in the simulcast, more than likely they will be replacing the censored versions with the uncensored one as they add the dubbed versions.

• @cyberd1:

As Getchman said you will be seeing it but not in the simulcast, more than likely they will be replacing the censored versions with the uncensored one as they add the dubbed versions.

Cyberd1 is right this is the usual way Funimation does things.. It's a tried and true method so I doubt they will change it now.

• Hi their I found uncensored version on this show of 3rd season :)

• nope :( for the show

• @sirbiscuit:

I watched it tonite online and uncensored in 720p ! I won't mention the site name in case it's against the rules . The 2 ova's are there too . it's on a legal site , not pirated !! Boobies FTW…

There is no legal site.

• So about how long after the last episode released does it take to get the DVD released? My guess is 6-8 months?