Discotek has the Lupin the 3rd vs Dectective Conan TV Special and Movie

• @Discotek:

Lupin the 3rd VS Detective Conan 2009 TV Special. Release date TBD
    Lupin the 3rd VS Detective Conan the 2013 movie. Release date TBD

Source

Pretty exciting news for Lupin and Conan fans. I had a feeling Discotek would want to pick these up and tap both fan communities.

• Hopefully this will convince some of the more over-zealous Case Closed fans that FUNi is done with the series. Considering that they in past held the rights to both properties, the fact that FUNimation didn't pick these movies up originally shows that they obviously didn't want them.

Everyone knows that Lupin is Discotek's golden child, but whether or not this opens up the doors for them to pick up some of the unlicensed Detective Conan movies remains to be seen.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Hopefully this will convince some of the more over-zealous Case Closed fans that FUNi is done with the series.

We can hope that those fans will starting bugging Discotek to pick up Case Closed but we have to wait and see if those fans will buy these releases.

• @jlaking:

We can hope that those fans will starting bugging Discotek to pick up Case Closed but we have to wait and see if those fans will buy these releases.

Even if they do, it won't be the "Case Closed" that they're used to. If Discotek ever does pick it up, there's no chance in hell they'd ever dub it. They better hope that they're as big a fan of Detective Conan as they are of its U.S. edited counterpart.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Even if they do, it won't be the "Case Closed" that they're used to. If Discotek ever does pick it up, there's no chance in hell they'd ever dub it. They better hope that they're as big a fan of Detective Conan as they are of its U.S. edited counterpart.

Doesn't matter if it's the same Case Closed that we're used to. All that matters is that the fans kept pushing and hoping for something and since you guys at Funi are to blind to see a cash cow when it's right in your face, Discotek's gonna take advantage of the continuously growing fanbase. Like I said, we always hold onto hope and something will happen. Now, I believe you have a shoe to eat lol.

• @flamrage:

Doesn't matter if it's the same Case Closed that we're used to. All that matters is that the fans kept pushing and hoping for something and since you guys at Funi are to blind to see a cash cow when it's right in your face, Discotek's gonna take advantage of the continuously growing fanbase.

To be honest, it probably has less to do with Discotek wanting to tap into the Conan fanbase than it is them wanting to expand their lineup of Lupin specials.

Like I said, we always hold onto hope and something will happen. Now, I believe you have a shoe to eat lol.

Ah ah ah!! Not so fast, smarty pants! You forgot the terms of the wager:

@SpacemanHardy:

Heck, I'll even make you a wager: If FUNimation ever puts out more episodes of Case Closed, I promise that I will eat my own shoe.

FUNimation isn't putting this out. Discotek is. So my diet shall go shoe-less for the foreseeable future. ~_^

• @SpacemanHardy:

Ah ah ah!! Not so fast, smarty pants! You forgot the terms of the wager:

Originally Posted by SpacemanHardy
    Heck, I'll even make you a wager: If FUNimation ever puts out more episodes of Case Closed, I promise that I will eat my own shoe.
    FUNimation isn't putting this out. Discotek is. So my diet shall go shoe-less for the foreseeable future.

@SpacemanHardy:

FUNimation isn't putting this out. Discotek is. So my diet shall go shoe-less for the foreseeable future.

Dang! Oh well. We're kinda getting more conan so I'm happy about that :)

@SpacemanHardy:

Everyone knows that Lupin is Discotek's golden child, but whether or not this opens up the doors for them to pick up some of the unlicensed Detective Conan movies remains to be seen.

At the very least, I would like to see them dub more movies. Even though I love the series, I can see why it'd be difficult to make them as they go considering how long it is. Guess we'll see what happens with the Lupin crossover specials. (Fingers crossed)