Device-based authentication for Roku

• Device-based authentication for Roku's would be nice. The current user ID and password authentication requires frequent log in's and seems to be prone to not working, like right now. The four other streaming services I subscribe to use device-based authentication with a code from the app needing to be entered on the website to enable the device. I have to log into the Funimation Roku app 3-4 times as often as the other four services put together. Funi's authentication is far less reliable than other services and makes for a poor user experience when it causes users to not be able to use the service they are paying for.

• you know your right that is why i have to restart my roku so much when im watching stuff from funimtion channel

• This is exceptionally decent and better than average post…You shook posting it...Thanks a considerable measure for posting it...!!!

http://solitairechamp.net

• I definitely agree with OP - adding device-based authentication for ALL devices would be much appreciated, since I also have similar issues with my Galaxy tablet.

• Requiring passwords to be used on devices, rather than giving an authentication code that is then entered at the website also encourages people to use shorter, simpler (less secure) passwords, due to the difficulty of entering longer more complex passwords on devices like the Roku.

I use the Windows 8 Roku remote app on my PC and copy and paste my Funimation password from LastPass, but obviously that type of procedure isn't an option for everyone.

• @patrick9:

This is exceptionally decent and better than average post…You shook posting it...Thanks a considerable measure for posting it...!!!

I wish my posting caused shaking.

Anyway, the code thing is the old way of doing authentication. Like, even Netflix doesn't make you do this now, and Hulu gives you the option to link a device or to just log in. I think maybe Crunchyroll is the only one left still requiring a device link.

The FUNimation Roku Channel is supposed to keep you logged in, but there are a few things that will cause you to be logged out. These all relate to the channel not being able to authenticate.

• If you log out, of course.
    • If you change your password.
    • If you have your username changed.
    • If we have to reset the main server. This one happens VERY rarely because we don't want to make everyone have to log back in.
    • If the service is down. This happened in April and caused an influx of "make the channel remember our login" requests. It also required us to reset the main server.

Of course, I will ask to see if anything can be done to either keep people logged in better or to make it easier to log in.

If you have a smart phone, you can use the Roku mobile app to enter your username and password. That's what I do.

• @Sophie:

Originally Posted by patrick9
    This is exceptionally decent and better than average post…You shook posting it...Thanks a considerable measure for posting it...!!!

I wish my posting caused shaking.

'bots are easily excited.