High School DxD BorN sub release???

• Please tell me when I can watch the first episode of season 3 subtitled…. Please

• @jimdelathouder:

Please tell me when I can watch the first episode of season 3 subtitled…. Please

High School DxD BorN's first episode was aired 4-4-2015 and has been translated/subed, but it looks like it will be like World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman and will be aired a week after the original airing. So more than likely you will see the first episode the 11th.

• @cyberd1:

High School DxD BorN's first episode was aired 4-4-2015 and has been translated/subed, but it looks like it will be like World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman and will be aired a week after the original airing. So more than likely you will see the first episode the 11th.

So will it show up on Hulu on the 18th or the 11th if they do it the same way as World Break?

• So it's not being simulcasted?

• So that's what's going on. I have been looking forward to the new season for a while. I though they where going to simulcast it. I guess I will have to wait a little longer. With any luck the will release the dubs like they did with World Break.

• @BlackScythe0:

So it's not being simulcasted?

Well because of Funimation's definition of simulcast the will still call it one. If it is airing in japan that is all that is required, it could be Cowboy Bebop and under their definition if it is airing in japan at the time they will call it a simulcast .

• @cyberd1:

Well because of Funimation's definition of simulcast the will still call it one. If it is airing in japan that is all that is required, it could be Cowboy Bebop and under their definition if it is airing in japan at the time they will call it a simulcast .

That's not the best idea… Since I'd prefer the quality of Funimation I guess I'll have to wait, but that's only because Crunchyroll doesn't have it and I don't want to use free fansubs. This method was used with Yona too and they were a week behind everyone, most notably Crunchyroll. I'm sure a lot of people won't want to wait that week, let alone the second for non-premium members, and just go to fansub sites.

At least Arslan seems to be a true simulcast.

• If it's anything like the first two seasons, they will have it up at least an hour after the first regular broadcast in Japan. . At-X gets to air it first on Friday nights (Japan time) and since its a premium satellite station exclusive to Japan, (much like HBO is for the U.S.) funi can't get that broadcast. so they are given the next best thing, a simulcast stream from a normal broadcast station in Japan. Tokyo MX is the first normal one to air the show which is at 12:30am on Tuesdays (JST), which is 11:30 am, Monday on the East Coast. so i'd guess that from ep 2 onwards, they will have the the show up by at least 12:30pm on Mondays. not really sure what the hold up might be for ep 1, but we should see it soon with any luck

• just looked at the schedule, it will be airing on saturday at 1 pm eastern.

• @mike:

just looked at the schedule, it will be airing on saturday at 1 pm eastern.

Yeah, but a week late. We'll get episode 1 right after episode 2 has aired in Japan and gone live on fansub sites.

• @Getchman:

If it's anything like the first two seasons, they will have it up at least an hour after the first regular broadcast in Japan. . At-X gets to air it first on Friday nights (Japan time) and since its a premium satellite station exclusive to Japan, (much like HBO is for the U.S.) funi can't get that broadcast. so they are given the next best thing, a simulcast stream from a normal broadcast station in Japan. Tokyo MX is the first normal one to air the show which is at 12:30am on Tuesdays (JST), which is 11:30 am, Monday on the East Coast. so i'd guess that from ep 2 onwards, they will have the the show up by at least 12:30pm on Mondays. not really sure what the hold up might be for ep 1, but we should see it soon with any luck

I have heard this excuse many times and it is BS, Crunchyroll was airing World Break episodes one hour after it aired in Japan, where as Funimation was a week behind from the original broadcast. Which means it has nothing to do with the network that air it first and everything to do with using the least expensive method. While there is nothing wrong with doing that, what is wrong is the way they promote simulcast by giving the impression that if you spend money you will "Get full access to the hottest new and returning English-subtitled anime simulcasts every season right after each episode"s Japanese broadcast," but they fail to mention that it could delayed up to a week. That for me is disingenuous at best and intentionally deceptive at the worse.

• yes i know, we had a lengthy debate over this in a different thread, and I'm not interested in going over it again.

• @Getchman:

yes i know, we had a lengthy debate over this in a different thread, and I'm not interested in going over it again.

True I wonder if they will lock this thread aslo