Soul Eater Premium Edition Packaging Shown- Discussion

• On FUNimation's website, a single image represents the upcoming Soul Eater Premium Edition Blu-ray.

The image depicts a book labeled "SOUL EATER YEARBOOK", with logos in the bottom right corner leading me to believe the book is part of the case/packaging (also called a digibook). Also, on the right side of the case, a section is white (pages) and another section is orange (for the discs), or this could be the other way around.

What do you think of this move? Feel free to discuss and rant (if necessary)!

http://shop.funimation.com/Complete-Series-Premium-Edition

http://shop.funimation.com/core/media/media.nl?id=303112&c=3335099&h=3ab50ea774f55922c30f

• I like the idea of a yearbook, definitely different. But I would still prefer to see it come in a box. Boxes just sit better on the shelf.

• @edwinca93:

I like the idea of a yearbook, definitely different. But I would still prefer to see it come in a box. Boxes just sit better on the shelf.

Agreed. The fact that it does not come as a box is the sole reason why I will be buying the original release instead of this one. Only non-box LE I will ever have bought and never regret it is Bebop. Proudly sitting on top of my shelf (with other boxes that are too big for my shelf, i.e. Chaos;HEAd and Chu2) and I wouldn't have it any other way (except maybe also the Amazon edition but I'm poor so I didn't buy both)

• @stronkadonk:

Agreed. The fact that it does not come as a box is the sole reason why I will be buying the original release instead of this one. Only non-box LE I will ever have bought and never regret it is Bebop. Proudly sitting on top of my shelf (with other boxes that are too big for my shelf, i.e. Chaos;HEAd and Chu2) and I wouldn't have it any other way (except maybe also the Amazon edition but I'm poor so I didn't buy both)

The Cowboy Bebop Box is awesome! I am also proud to have been able to scoop one up!

I have the amazon editions for one piece, and honestly they were a let down in the quality department. Boxes are awesome but not the amount of times I had to send it back because of the quality issues/flaws.

Are you a LE collector too?

• @edwinca93:

The Cowboy Bebop Box is awesome! I am also proud to have been able to scoop one up!

I have the amazon editions for one piece, and honestly they were a let down in the quality department. Boxes are awesome but not the amount of times I had to send it back because of the quality issues/flaws.

Are you a LE collector too?

Depends on if it's something I like or not! I have the LE of Bebop, C;H, Attack on Titan, Fate/Zero, Kill la Kill, Psycho Pass, Space Dandy, S2 of Shakugan no Shana, and all 4 parts of SAO. If video games count, the Kingdom Hearts Collection and Majora's Mask LE too. But others that I'm not too big on are either standard edition or not bought at all.

I debated the Amazon One Piece stuff, but honestly, will they keep making those until the series ends? I felt like they'd probably drop off somewhere and I'd just have half of the series and never be able to complete the other half. I guess I'm too big on… symmetry...

What other LEs do you have?

• @stronkadonk:

Depends on if it's something I like or not! I have the LE of Bebop, C;H, Attack on Titan, Fate/Zero, Kill la Kill, Psycho Pass, Space Dandy, S2 of , and all 4 parts of SAO. If video games count, the Kingdom Hearts Collection and Majora's Mask LE too. But others that I'm not too big on are either standard edition or not bought at all.

I debated the Amazon One Piece stuff, but honestly, will they keep making those until the series ends? I felt like they'd probably drop off somewhere and I'd just have half of the series and never be able to complete the other half. I guess I'm too big on… symmetry...

What other LEs do you have?

This may take a second..

One Piece Amazon Exclusive Collection 1-3
    CowBoy Bebop Amazon Exclusive
    Space Dandy Funimation Edition (BOOBIES)
    Attack On Titan Funimation Edition
    Pyscho Pass Premium
    Kamisama Kiss Goddess Edition
    Guilty Crown LE
    High School DXD LE
    High School DXD New LE
    Unbreakable Machine Dolls LE
    Tokyo Ravens LE
    Eureka Seven LE
    Eureka Seven AO LE
    Samurai Kings LE
    Legend of Legendary Heroes LE