Please support a Vinland Saga anime!

• [

Vinland Saga is a commercially successful manga in Japan and has recently been issued in English by Kodansha Comics USA. Incredible to believe that this doesn't already have an anime adaptation, this manga series based on Vikings is filled with beautiful artwork and kickass story-telling. It is in my personal belief, that if animated in a similar fashion to Attack on Titan it could become the next successful anime series.

People should support this petition as I feel it will be a manga left as a manga and not adapted to an anime. This series can make a difference to the anime community by providing more substance and realistically grounded segments that offer a mixture of historical accounts, figures, and fictitious fantasy. It offers a deeper sense of inspiration when it comes to changing the way we live, observing the struggle between being inherently good and evil, as well as the responsibility of being given great power. For the new generation that doesn't know of the history dating back to the early 1000s, this offers an overdramaticized account of these events with equally fictitious back-stories of historical figures.

I further believe that the writer and illustrator for this manga, Yukimura Makoto, should be given more credit and an animated version of his amazing story. This would be a fantastic addition to the line-up of anime that are riddled with slice of life and supernatural, changing it up and providing something fresh. With manga like Terra Formars, a younger series in comparison, having an anime created for it, it's only fair that this one receive one, as well.

*Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I assumed since I was talking about it becoming an Anime it would be more appropriate for this forum.]([img]https://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/7/tj/hx/GVtjHXuHZvYzJUw-800x450-noPad.jpg?1428174322[/img]

[italic]Vinland Saga[/italic] is a commercially successful manga in Japan and has recently been issued in English by Kodansha Comics USA. Incredible to believe that this doesn't already have an anime adaptation, this manga series based on Vikings is filled with beautiful artwork and kickass story-telling. It is in my personal belief, that if animated in a similar fashion to [italic]Attack on Titan[/italic] it could become the next successful anime series.

People should support this petition as I feel it will be a manga left as a manga and not adapted to an anime. This series can make a difference to the anime community by providing more substance and realistically grounded segments that offer a mixture of historical accounts, figures, and fictitious fantasy. It offers a deeper sense of inspiration when it comes to changing the way we live, observing the struggle between being inherently good and evil, as well as the responsibility of being given great power. For the new generation that doesn't know of the history dating back to the early 1000s, this offers an overdramaticized account of these events with equally fictitious back-stories of historical figures.

I further believe that the writer and illustrator for this manga, Yukimura Makoto, should be given more credit and an animated version of his amazing story. This would be a fantastic addition to the line-up of anime that are riddled with slice of life and supernatural, changing it up and providing something fresh. With manga like [italic]Terra Formars[/italic], a younger series in comparison, having an anime created for it, it's only fair that this one receive one, as well.

[b]*Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I assumed since I was talking about it becoming an Anime it would be more appropriate for this forum.[/b])

• Please read this: http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?4539-Do-NOT-Request-Future-Seasons-of-Anime-%28New-Forum-Members-Please-Read%29

Two things you need to know:

1. FUNimation does not make anime, so setting up a petition to try to get them to make one is completely pointless. They only license and dub anime that gets made in Japan from one of the many Japanese production companies.

2. Petitions for anime do not work, have never worked, and more than likely will never work. So please do not post links to them on this website.

I know you put a lot of work into this topic, but I'm sorry. The fact is we just do not allow links to petitions on our forums. So this topic will now be closed. If you'd like to create a separate topic specifically to talk about Vinland Saga as a series, then that'll be fine.

Just for the record, I'd love a Vinland Saga anime, but it's not up to FUNimation or any petition signers to make one happen. Sorry. :hmm: