Only 5 episodes of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle.. what is the point??

• I HAD MY BONBONS AND BLANKET AT THE READY… about to watch TSUBASA~! .......only to discover heart drop, there are only five episodes available in both the sub and dub :(

I've seen this trend in other animes too, but why? Why offer only a few episodes? If you cannot deliver the rest of a season, just pull them. Who on this bloody earth wants to start something that cannot be completed?

Inb4 logic that somehow defends this madness.

• @Double:

I've seen this trend in other animes too, but why? Why offer only a few episodes? If you cannot deliver the rest of a season, just pull them. Who on this bloody earth wants to start something that cannot be completed?

There is no "season" to those, as they are the two OVAs (Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations and Tsubasa Spring Thunder Chronicles), which came after the series.

As to "why", some people may have already seen the series that preceded these. Don't be selfish in claiming they shouldn't be here because you personally don't see a need for them.

• It's because of licensing issues, most likely. There are a few other series such as Yu Yu Hakusho and Gantz that FUNimation has physical home video rights for, but not streaming rights. It's unfortunate, but it's sadly just the way it is. :hmm: