Why is it that they don't put dub on right away.

• This show has been out for a long time now so I'll expect all the dub to be done already. But why does funimation wait. I'm really into this show but watching in sub is just not the same. I hate the fact that I'm gonna have to wait for new dub episodes.

• well, because it isn't all done. dubbing is a lengthy process and takes time. they can only work on one ep at a time, one person at a time. doesn't help that there was already a huge gap when they took over from 4kids

• I understand that dubbing takes time and funimation does a great job with their dubbing, but I was really disappointed about this setback. You wait patiently (months!) for a dub and a error (not clearly explained) sets it back for another month (not a week or so). As a prenium user, sometimes I wish for better service and not a monopoly over these dubbing rights. I am glad that Netflix is interested in dubbing anime now. Their original anime that came out a couple of months ago was great. I think more companies getting involve in the dubbing services will be good for users. Funimation is not used to"legitimate" competition in this area and a having more companies step up to dub anime will force Funimation to into their customer service and the organization.

• Funimation is far from the only player in the Anime dubbing world. Given they are the largest, but there are several other companies that do dubs. As for turn around time Funi actually puts their content up on the streaming service far faster than other companies that do, and AFAIK they are the only one with their own streaming service(of size worth noticing). Dont take me as a Funi fan boy either I watch anime on a bunch of other sites when its not available here. Still I agree I'm bummed out about the delay too. Was supposed to start having weekly one piece viewing with my girl again and thats on hold until this is fixed.

• Funimation has already stated that they want to make one piece one of their "broadcast dub" series. Their plan if, everything goes well, is to catch up to the Japanese anime is such a fashion that there will be a 2-3 week gap between when the Japanese episode is aired and when the English episode is aired.

• This thread is about the latest batch of episodes, and I agree with Insane. Episodes 373-384 are done. They're finished, and they've been put on DVDs which have been shipped to those who purchased the DVDs. So why is it that subscribers, who were supposed to get these episodes on March 24th, now have to wait nearly two full months, until May 19th I believe it was, to watch them online? I had subscribed just to be able to watch this new batch of episodes, and then they pull all this crap with their vague "Technical Difficulties" excuse for not getting them out right away, and then STILL making us wait over a month before they upload the things to the website. If they're ready to go and the technical problems fixed, why not just upload the set right now? What's stopping them?

• @phoebe255fb:

I am glad that Netflix is interested in dubbing anime now. Their original anime that came out a couple of months ago was great. I think more companies getting involve in the dubbing services will be good for users.

I'm pretty sure Netflix didn't involve itself in the dubbing. They probably just outsourced it to a California studio that's already been localizing anime for a while. So I don't know if I would consider that to be more companies

@hasumi_emi:

This thread is about the latest batch of episodes, and I agree with Insane. Episodes 373-384 are done. They're finished, and they've been put on DVDs which have been shipped to those who purchased the DVDs. So why is it that subscribers, who were supposed to get these episodes on March 24th, now have to wait nearly two full months, until May 19th I believe it was, to watch them online? I had subscribed just to be able to watch this new batch of episodes, and then they pull all this crap with their vague "Technical Difficulties" excuse for not getting them out right away, and then STILL making us wait over a month before they upload the things to the website. If they're ready to go and the technical problems fixed, why not just upload the set right now? What's stopping them?

Because it's not done. There's any number of reasons why it had to be delayed (video corruption, audio de-synch, wrong materials, etc), and it's not like they're delaying it for no particular reason. It's not like they don't have anything to lose for delaying it for a vague reason (which oftentimes means it wasn't their fault for the delay, and they're doing their best to not throw partners under the bus for the purpose of future negotiations)

It's really not a big deal. They're going to put the best content online for you, so unless your subscription is expiring this month and you don't have plans to renew it, I don't see how it really affects you

• @booey316:

Funimation has already stated that they want to make one piece one of their "broadcast dub" series. Their plan if, everything goes well, is to catch up to the Japanese anime is such a fashion that there will be a 2-3 week gap between when the Japanese episode is aired and when the English episode is aired.

I really hope that they do make it a "broadcast dub" its one of the most interesting shows on Funimation and the huge gap between the dubs and the broadcast is so far apart that its almost a necessity for them to do this.

• @Riles:

Because it's not done. There's any number of reasons why it had to be delayed (video corruption, audio de-synch, wrong materials, etc), and it's not like they're delaying it for no particular reason. It's not like they don't have anything to lose for delaying it for a vague reason (which oftentimes means it wasn't their fault for the delay, and they're doing their best to not throw partners under the bus for the purpose of future negotiations)

It's really not a big deal. They're going to put the best content online for you, so unless your subscription is expiring this month and you don't have plans to renew it, I don't see how it really affects you

It is done. They replied to me directly on their Facebook page, saying that the technical difficulties have been resolved. The episodes themselves are done. The DVDs have been shipped, and people have watched them. I watched a clip of Binks' Brew, the English version of Binks' Sake. Episodes 373-384 are complete and ready, and Funi said the technical difficulties are resolved. But they're still not going to upload them to the website until nearly two full months after the originally stated release date.

It is a big deal for me. I subscribed only for these episodes the night before they were to be released. It was disappointing beyond words when I found out they were going to be delayed. And then simply infuriating to find out that after the technical difficulties had been resolved, they still weren't going to release them right away, but are instead waiting until the middle of May, just shy of two full months after the initial release date. As soon as I saw that, I canceled my subscription and demanded a refund. Since I had the subscription for nearly two weeks I only got a partial refund. I shouldn't have spent the money in the first place, but March was a really bad month for me. My grandfather passed away, and I was unable to attend the funeral, and it seemed like one bad thing after another happened after that. Seeing these new dub episodes were supposed to be a bright point to finish off the month. Something to make me smile during a hard time. Instead, it will be over a month still before the episodes are finally released, and I can't afford over $20 to buy the DVDs and watch them that way.

• ^ If that's the case, it may very well be licensing issues with Toei. They've been known to be a little kooky and hard to work with for a while now.