Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray Region B release?

• Hell, I woundered if there is any news or if there are plans for a Region B release of the Dragon Ball franchise on Blu-ray?

• FUNimation doesn't have the rights for Region B, just as they never had the rights for DVD region 2.

• @TIL:

FUNimation doesn't have the rights for Region B, just as they never had the rights for DVD region 2.

To be fair to the OP, He never said they did. He just asked if they had plans for a release. Which they do not since funimation only licenses anime for region A or region 1 for DVD.

Also I found a list, it says that the dragonball z blu rays are compatible with region B, meaning you can play them on your blu ray player. So importing is always an option. (Please know that I can't confirm if this list is accurate)

https://animeblurayuk.wordpress.com/region-free/

Hopefully that will help you out ^_^

• Thank you for your patience and reply :) I didn't know that FUNanimation only did north america I always asumed they did all english speaking releases because (definitely in the UK) we just watch the dubs they make! I had no clue Region A works on some Region B….boy do they make things complicated
    Thanks for the list, it's very useful :)

• No problem, glad to help :)

• I don't know but I've watched DBZ.

• @espeonking:

Thank you for your patience and reply :) I didn't know that FUNanimation only did north america I always asumed they did all english speaking releases because (definitely in the UK) we just watch the dubs they make! I had no clue Region A works on some Region B….boy do they make things complicated
    Thanks for the list, it's very useful :)

Funimation creates the dub for worldwide use but only releases it physically in North America. The people who release it in the UK is Manga Entertainment. They buy the rights from funimation to distribute it in the UK.