Use a better Typesetting for the subtitles

• This is a simple request that should not be very difficult to apply. I beg you to make your subtitles look better, it is 2015 and I really think you should finally change their aspect. I really respect your work and I believe this change would benefit everyone greatly. Please consider my request.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm referring to the shows you simulcast each season.

• What is it, exactly, that you dislike about them? If you just say that they should be better, without indicating where they are lacking, then how could anybody fix them for you?

If you just want them to look fancier or something, then I'd have to disagree with you. Studies suggest that certain fonts can improve or decrease reading speed and comprehension, depending on the situation. In the case of subtitles, I believe that it is best to stick with a font that is easy to read and comprehend quickly, so that you can maximize the time in which you're able to pay attention to what's happening in the show. Even if a font looks pretty, your brain may process it more slowly than a less attractive font.

• @fear3d:

What is it, exactly, that you dislike about them? If you just say that they should be better, without indicating where they are lacking, then how could anybody fix them for you?

If you just want them to look fancier or something, then I'd have to disagree with you. Studies suggest that certain fonts can improve or decrease reading speed and comprehension, depending on the situation. In the case of subtitles, I believe that it is best to stick with a font that is easy to read and comprehend quickly, so that you can maximize the time in which you're able to pay attention to what's happening in the show. Even if a font looks pretty, your brain may process it more slowly than a less attractive font.

Man, I face palmed so hard when I was reading the part about the studies but I'll move on.

What is it about their typesetting you ask? It looks like shit, that's the problem! They remind me of old subs from the early 2000's, the outline of the letters looks uneven and ugly and it really ruins the overall aspect of the anime episode. And I'm not saying they need to use a super fancy looking fonts or anything, but for the love of God, at least use something which looks good for today's standards and doesn't ruin the overall viewing experience.

Oh and I also dislike the fact that they screw up the colors of the original episode as well.

For example, look how clean the typesetting is on whatever Crunchyroll releases, the difference is pretty obvious in my opinion. ^^

• As long as it's not a cursive font, or a strange color, or otherwise unreadable, I really couldn't care less what their font looks like. Why would I focus on them when I'm watching the actual show?

Though I do wish they would change that thing where they put all text in the show at the top of the screen with quotation marks. Sometimes it's very difficult to understand which text the upper subtitles are referring to

I believe they experimented with a much more narrow font for Unbreakable Machine Doll and Robotics;Notes when they were being simulcasted, but I don't know if they've since updated them with their standard blocky font

Still, they're greatly preferred to Crunchyroll's in my opinion, who don't appear to have hired anybody that's responsible for proofreading translations

• I don't like Cruncyroll's font to be honest. For me personally I prefer Funimation's font because its simple without much extravagant.

• The one I think is the easiest to read was yellow outlined in black, and in Times New Roman (the most general font). The black outline stops the color of the letter from blending in with the background.