Index 2 and railgun s blu ray?

• Just curious if anyone knows about if or when these may get released on blu ray. I seen that Index 2 is now, but is getting in 2 separate sets the only way or will there be a single set like the first set of index and railgun. I'm basically an anime noob so any help would be much obliged.

• Index 2 will most likely be re-released down the line as a complete collection but that will be a few years. Probably around two.

As for Railgun I would assume Funimation will try to release it on Blu ray if they can. If they can get the rights it will probably be around a year till we hear anything.

I hope that answers your question but please remember I am just speculating based on the past and my own knowledge :)

• @chrismclean1988:

Just curious if anyone knows about if or when these may get released on blu ray. I seen that Index 2 is now, but is getting in 2 separate sets the only way or will there be a single set like the first set of index and railgun. I'm basically an anime noob so any help would be much obliged.

Typically full seasons, and by full I'm meaning a show with 24 to 26 episodes will be split in two parts for their new release phase, then after their sales life run is dwindling down, a company will re-release them in a complete set. torrin is right, it could take a while. Some shows go to full sets quick, some don't.

As for the BD releases of Railgun and such… that's a different matter. If I remember correctly Geneon/Universal or now NBCUniversal Entertainment is still in control of some of the distribution aspects of the show, and the BDs are very slow in coming.

• Well season 2 of Railgun as a complete series is showing in the store to be 1/19/2016 so Hopefully Magical Inde season 2 complete will show up soon too.

Weird when I search the stores I don't see it but a banner add lead to this: http://shop.funimation.com/Season-Two_22

EDIT: Please stop double posting. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• I would like to know the answer too. Was hoping that it would be announced by now but have seen nothing yet. Anyone else hear anything about a Complete season 2 Index yet?

• @Enigma:

I would like to know the answer too. Was hoping that it would be announced by now but have seen nothing yet. Anyone else hear anything about a Complete season 2 Index yet?

The complete collection of Index II comes out in July: http://shop.funimation.com/Season-Two_31?whence=

• @SpacemanHardy Thank you for the information. Got it and loved it. Does anyone know if there were any more seasons animated?

• @Enigma Nope. That's it.

• It was such an awesome series, I wished it was fully adapted into anime, the light novels are so far ahead there's no issue in running out of material to adapt.