Is there going to be a standard edition bluray?

• I really want this series on Bluray, but don't really want to spend $80 on it if there just going to bring out a standard release in a few months. Plus I'm not to keen on the discs not coming in a regular case, I figured it would come in a huge box with all the extra stuff and the Blurays in their own case (like what they did with Blood Lad). Any news if a standard edition is in the works?

• No news as of yet. Odds are Aniplex is restricting FUNimation from releasing a cheaper version right off the bat. They did say, however, that depending on how well this limited edition sells, they might release a standard version in the future.

If $80 is too much, I happen to know that Robert's Anime Corner Store is currently selling it for only $50. That might be the best price you're going to see for a while.

http://search.store.yahoo.net/animecorner/cgi-bin/nsearch?.autodone=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.animecornerstore.com%252Fnsearch.html&catalog=animecorner&query=darker%20than%20black&x=0&y=0

• Ok thanks, I've also seen Rightstuf has it for $66 but I've never bought anything from them, I mostly buy from Amazon. Are they good about getting things out and packing them well?

• Robert's anime corner has the best packaging out of all companies I have bought from. They pack with extreme care and even put fragile stickers on your box.

They also ship things out as soon as they receive them. I always get my pre orders extra early. Great customer service too, I would recommend them to everyone.

• @brett695:

Ok thanks, I've also seen Rightstuf has it for $66 but I've never bought anything from them, I mostly buy from Amazon. Are they good about getting things out and packing them well?

Both RACS and RightStuf have excellent packaging, and RightStuf in particular has by far some of the best customer service I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. 99% of my anime purchases come from them, and I've been a card-carrying member of the Got Anime? club for a few years now.

Amazon, on the other hand, has some of the worst shipping policies and packaging I've ever seen. If only it wasn't for me being able to get free gift cards for them through Bing, I'd never use them for anything.