2015 Anime Villains Tournament, Round 3, Match 5

• Match-up #5 for this round gives us A true vet against a surprising newbie…

-
    Chouji Suitengu - Speed Grapher vs. Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa: The Animation

• Junko, Junko, Junko, Junko all the way. Not many villains manage to completely succeed in their plans like she does. Well, Suitengu does, but I feel Junko did it more effectively and on a much larger scale.
    I want her to at least make it to Round 4 anyway.

Same as before, reasons why she is so completely fantastic are copypasted and placed in spoiler tags.

! 1. In terms of personality, she's more or less a female Joker.
    ! 2. To say she loves despair is an understatement. Her obsession with spreading despair to the whole world is what motivates her to do what she does. Even if it means killing the few people she genuinely loves, she'll gladly do so if it means giving herself despair as well. She herself said it best.
    ! Junko: "For me, despair is not a goal, or a set of principles, a lifestyle, or even an instinct. It's what defines me as Junko Enoshima."
    ! 3. Highly charismatic, and is easily able to manipulate others into joining by poking and preying on their emotions, weaknesses, and insecurities, effectively brainwashing them so thoroughly that
    ! >! they have to be forcibly brainwashed for Junko's grip on their psyches to loosen.
    ! 4. She erases the memories of her classmates (so instead of being very close friends, they think they're complete strangers), has them participate in a killing game and broadcasts it to everywhere on Earth, to convince the rest if the world that her ideology is the best ideology. She doesn't even force her classmates to kill each other, but instead provides them with various motives to give them a little push. And now the big one…
    ! 5. Through a chain reaction that would take me much longer to explain, she manages to plunge the world into a absolute state of chaos, anarchy, and despair, where war and murder are about as common as breathing. That's right, in other words, SHE SUCCESSFULLY ENDED THE WORLD. The aforementioned killing game was supposed to serve as the final nail in the coffin, used to ensure that anyone on Earth who hadn't given in to despair by the time the series starts, did.
    ! 6. Even after the 6 survivors of the killing game refuse to give in, defeating her, and after she (rather gleefully) kills herself after her plans fail, her influence and the impact she had on mankind is still easily felt, since there are so many who would devote their entire existence to finishing what she started.
    ! 7. She has a smoking hot body. Yes.
    ! Her sister implies that something may have happened to her to turn her into the abnormality she ended up as, but Junko herself denies this, so it's hard to say.
    ! Either way, Junko is an absolutely incredible villain, and deserves to make it far.

• Any man who smokes yen notes like blunts has got my respect. Suitengu all the way.

• I really don't think I need to push Junko Enoshima any harder than Heavenspiercing is already doing. He's basically been doing for Junko what I have been doing for Meruem. So I will also give him my full backing for Junko on this round as well.

• My vote goes to Chouji Suitengu.

• all I know about Suitengu is that he's ungodly rich and succeeds in his plans of…something
    dunno him that well, so Junko it is

• I'll go with the man that literally has money to burn, Mr. Suitengu.

• My vote goes to Chouji Suitengu.

• Junko. Heavenspiercing went into a lot of detail (more than I would've expected tbh) about what makes her such a monster, so I'll just add one thing.

Junko is frequently portrayed as someone not just evil, but abnormal and completely lacking in any human qualities whatsoever. Danganronpa Zero, the LN prequel, changes this. It's a novel that humanizes Junko, but in a pretty interesting and twisted way. Instead of making her sympathetic, giving her human qualities only serves to make her even crazier.

I'd rather not be here for an hour though to explain why, so I'll just leave it at that.

I've never watched Speed Grapher (and if what I've heard about it is true, I don't have any plans to), but even if I had, I would've probably went with Junko regardless.

• Chouji Suitengu for me.