Hello all. New anime fan.

• Hey all, I'm a new anime fan. Other than my recently discovered interest of anime and manga, I volunteer with dogs at a local animal shelter (I'm more of a cat person though, and yes she is my cat in my pic), like to go hiking, board games, and visiting parks for walks and/or bike rides.

In approximately the past year-and-a-half I've watched Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Attack on Titan so far. Before that…I've only seen anime my Miyazaki. I just never got around to watching other anime; wasn't deliberately avoiding it. I look forward to watching more series. Currently I'm slowly watching One Piece while reading the manga. I read the FMA manga before watching both anime, and read AOT after watching the anime...up to date with what's physically released in English...which is now volume 14.

If I like both FMAs, Attack on Titan, and so far what I've seen of One Piece (18 episodes), what would you recommend?

• Hi!

Here are some suggestions I think you might enjoy. They are not brand new series but in my opinion pretty great: dragon ball series, Naruto, ranma 1/2, cowboy bebop, Trigun, outlaw star, and claymore to name a few. I hope you find many series you can enjoy. :)

• Welcome to the forums, Whiskers. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

If you're a fan of FMA and AoT, you might want to give Soul Eater a try. Also, as a brand new budding anime fan, you should definitely start with the classics: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, that sort of thing. Also be sure to give Space Dandy a try.

Cute cat, by the way. :)

• welcome to the forums. Enjoy posting with us.

• Hi whiskers85! I'm a cat person too :) Some of my favorite anime are:

Psycho-Pass
    Shiki
    Death Parade
    Laughing Under the Clouds
    Black Butler
    Hetalia
    D.Gray-man
    Legend of the Legendary Heroes

I have other favorites, too, but these are probably most likely to suit you by what you listed above :)
    And your cat is cute :P

• Welcome to the forums; hope that you post a lot around here.

My recommendations for you are Heroic Age, Buso Renkin and D.Gray-man.

If you are interested, don't forget to check out the link in my sig about requesting the FUNimation Channel.

• Hi, whiskers85! Welcome to the forums! :)

Some of my more action packed favorites are Samurai Champloo, Black Lagoon, and if you don't mind getting sucked into the feels and contemplative portion of anime, Death Parade.

I agree with SpacemanHardy on Cowboy Bebop - it's definitely a great series to watch!

• Thanks all for the replies and recommendations.

I've noticed that there is a Trigun AND Trigun Maximum manga. I don't want to accidentally bump into spoilers so I haven't read about them online…what is the difference? (If possible to tell/explain without spoilers?). Is the anime an adaptation of Trigun only and not Trigun Maximum?

I may or may not read the manga before. I still enjoyed reading the Attack on Titan manga after watching the first season.

• Welcome to the forums

• Welcome. I volunteered at an animal shelter too for a while til circumstances stopped me. I'm amazed no one has recommended you Death Note. I'd also recommend YuYuHakusho as well.