So, I only just discovered anime six months ago…

• I know. I've been living under a rock. But now the anime sun is shining brightly. I've been trying to make up for lost time and have looked up (and am in the process of watching) the "must watch"/classic anime shows/films. But if anyone has a special anime show or movie that really impacted them or was just a lot of fun, PLEASE let me know because I'd love to watch it.

Oh, and hello! Nice to meet you! :D If you'd like to PM me or become friends, please do!

• Welcome to the forums, Jennivier. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

As for my favorite shows, obviously you've no doubt heard the recommendations for stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist and the like. But one of my favorites that most people sadly haven't seen is Master Keaton. It's not in print anymore, but I highly recommend checking it out if you can track it down.

• Hi, Jennivier! Welcome to the boards!

My all time favorite anime is Steins;Gate. I also really enjoyed Samurai Champloo, Darker than Black, Shiki, in addition to the ones that Spaceman Hardy has already mentioned.

• Welcome to the forums; hope that you post a lot around here.

Here are some of my recommendations: Shingu: Secret of the Stellar War, Heroic Age, Bamboo Blade, Samurai 7, School Rumble and Summer Wars.

If you are interested, don't forget to check out the link in my sig about requesting the FUNimation Channel.

• Welcome Jennivier to the funi forums. Enjoy posting with us. A couple favs I can recommend are Yu Yu Hakusho, Fairy Tail, Hagani, Summer Wars, Spirited Away, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and any of the Tenchi Muyo! shows. Except maybe GXP

• Some of my favorite shows besides the classics (Trigun,Cowboy Bebop, FMA etc) are Great Teacher Onizuka and Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Both are hilarious and have some of the best characters. I highly suggest both ^_^