Status?

• While I don't expect a reply from any FUNimation staff maybe this post will gently remind them "oh yeah we do have that show"

Curious if all the broadcast dubs are making everything else they've licensed before a lower priority

e.g. Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (EP1+2)

I heard that the mini OVAs for Unbreakable Doll-Machine were dubbed. Must say I'm impressed since you haven't been doing this for several years…

Hope the mini OVAs for Sekatsuyo, Freezing Vibration and Daimidaler all get dubbed too (however I still think keeping the mini OVAs for High School DxD season 1 and Hellsing The Dawn sub-only is unforgivable...)

Back on topic of Sekatsuyo/Wanna be the Strongest in the World I did watch the original simulcast and it was a guilty pleasure I wouldn't mind rewatching again (dubbed).

I'd probably buy it eventually but a likable dub cast would convince me to buy it sooner than later.

Unfortunately there's always the chance of being a training school type dub for newcomers and IMO these usually don't turn out well...

Unless it's already been dubbed please consider using as many of your actually good ecchi dubbers as possible (Jamie Marchi, Morgan Garrett, Lydia Mackay, Tia Ballard, etc)

If the excuse is "less people in general audition for ecchi" then IMHO the ADR Director isn't trying hard enough and simply settles for rookies or VAs who weren't good enough to get notable roles in other anime... Veterans like the women listed above probably audition regardless and most likely get cast because they are better but there's only so many of them to fill out an ensemble

Houston has some good actresses for ecchi dubs e.g. Genevieve Simmons, Maggie Flecknoe

If the ADR Director is stubborn about using "new people" to fill in space then why not cast some experienced actresses who have yet to work on a FUNi dub? Even if the ADR Director isn't personally excited about or interested in ecchi anime, they could at least earn brownie points for using the opportunity to bring in established out of towners and give a reason for someone who maybe normally avoids ecchi to give it a try if they're a fan of a certain VA.

• i agree with you, there should be no "sub only" shows on a site that dubs shows lmao

• @SpacemanHardy:

They just announced the English cast yesterday:

well thank you for that lol. and that means it should be about 4 months till the first eps are released right? or at least i think it takes about 4 months if they start right away that is

• why is there 2 dubs up? i cant find any release dates? normally it shows o the shows page

• @alagor:

why is there 2 dubs up? i cant find any release dates? normally it shows o the shows page

The rest of the episodes will be uploaded to the site on 5/19. The home video release will be out 6/2.

• @SpacemanHardy:

The rest of the episodes will be uploaded to the site on 5/19. The home video release will be out 6/2.

lol why release 2 eps by themselves then, anyway cant wait to watch them :)

• @alagor:

lol why release 2 eps by themselves then

Taste samples for those who buy series.

• Any news on if there will be a second season, or will it be a typical anime?

• @alagor:

Any news on if there will be a second season, or will it be a typical anime?

Are you anime-shaming? You are the lowest scum. All anime are beautiful, no matter their size

• When most anime is never finished, I have the right to say that. So if it is never finished yes it would be a typical anime. (Edit) also if you think what I said makes me the lowest kind of scum, you have your priority messed up, if you think saying that is worse then we'll any kind of assult phisical, sexual or others.now tat kind of person is true scum.

• the show covered the entire manga. nothing left to tell

• @alagor:

(Edit) also if you think what I said makes me the lowest kind of scum, you have your priority messed up, if you think saying that is worse then we'll any kind of assult phisical, sexual or others.now tat kind of person is true scum.

I made a joke. Anime isn't people

• @Getchman:

the show covered the entire manga. nothing left to tell

if it did then will there be more of the series , anime or manga. because they did leave it wide open.

• yeah, sure, but the story that was being told was completed. thus, it does not fall into watching something that will never be finished. and since sales were awful for this show, a second season in unlikely to happen