Dragonar Academy aka: Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

• VIA Crunchyroll. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/10/27-1/dragonar-academy-anime-site-launches
    "Shiki Mizuchi and Kohada Shimesaba's Dragonar Academy or Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi light novel series has been adapted into a manga, slated to be released by Seven Seas next year. With an anime coming along, a new site has launched for the series, sporting a 2014 date and a clean look at the series visual."

briefe info: The harem comedy follows a put upon young man attending a school for dragon tamers, whose dragon hatches as a beautiful young woman.

Haven't ready the novel or manga. Been meaqing too. Thing jsut get in the way. Such is life for me. lol But I'll be looking forward to see this.

• I've heard the title before! That's 1 of the 5 titles from the same magazine who will get an anime! I'm looking forward to this one!

• If I'm remembering correctly. Seven Seas is releasing the manga for this stateside sometime next year.

• @Soundmonkey44:

If I'm remembering correctly. Seven Seas is releasing the manga for this stateside sometime next year.

I do believe you correct. I'm looking orward to both the anime and the release of the manga.

• This site should help. has a date of 2014-04-05.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15707

• I'd like Funimation to explain why they cut out a 1.5 minute scene from Dragonar Academy? Are they going to put that scene back in blu-rays? They better. I don't like how it was cut like that. Funimation, you have some explanation to do or I won't even buy this product.

If you don't know what i mean, find the original raw japanese on a japanese channel or see Japan's web stream of it. You'll notice a scene from 13:35 to 15:00 that was complete cut in Funimation's release. This is not funny nor will make fans happy.

• seen the 1st ep, and so far I like it. I'll be looking forward to seeing how it compares to the manga. But so far its pretty good.

• kind of bland so far. gonna need a couple more episodes to decide

• Seeing as how Dragonar has been officially licensed by FUNimation, I'm gonna move this over to the show's official forum.

• Dragonar Academy => Loved it! The first episode was more than enough for me to commit to the entire season. It has a Unbreakable Machine-Doll looks and feel to it - an anime I truly enjoyed last year.

• I also came here seeing if anyone addressed the cut segment from Dragonar. I will give Funimation the benefit of the doubt and just presume the situation is like all the other simulcasted shows and will wait until the blu-ray version. It's one of the reasons why I don't watch many simulcasts, and well, I can't now anyways here ;) but I do buy a ton of Funimations releases. Other publishers like Bandai, Viz, Sentai, Discotek (recently with Blue-Sub No.6 bds!), etc have had the occasional slip-ups in using TV/edited/censored material and have left them unrectified. Funimation was at least very responsive with Sankarea and it must have cost them some money, so I trust this won't be the case for Dragonar. I'm sure someone must be aware of this, especially with the kind of show Dragonar is supposed to be.

• Who wants to bet the little blonde girl with Ash in the beginning of the 1st episode was our stuck up little Princess.

• I still haven't gotten my response on what's up with Funimation's streaming version of Dragonar Academy? Why are they deleting whole scenes from the show? Will you be putting those scenes back in the blu-ray? Does no one at Funimation have an answer for me?!

• @Haiyami:

I still haven't gotten my response on what's up with Funimation's streaming version of Dragonar Academy? Why are they deleting whole scenes from the show? Will you be putting those scenes back in the blu-ray? Does no one at Funimation have an answer for me?!

If you are talking about the streamed version of the show, then it is probably an edit for content, and most likely one that was in the Japanese broadcast. Otherwise, FUNimation always releases their shows on DVD and BD uncensored and uncut.

• @Davidism:

Otherwise, FUNimation always releases their shows on DVD and BD uncensored and uncut.

Well, almost always :)

• The series is shown on several stations in Japan, including AT-X, which is a premium channel that shows the uncensored and undeleted scenes. The version we Americans always receive (as a simulcast) is the regular broadcast edit. This is nothing unusual, as this always happens for all shows we get when they're censored. All the raws you see on those illegal torrent sites are taking the version from AT-X, because it's technically the first station that broadcasts the show. If it broadcasts first on a different channel, you probably never would have noticed

• any idea on the length of the series? 12 or 24 episodes?

• No confirmation yet on the episode count. Wikipedia lists it at 12 episodes, but there's no source to confirm that number

• hmm. i just read the manga, whats been translated. AFAIK theres some 3 LN in english, but 15 in total. the manga seems to be right for 12 episodes, me thinks. lets hope for more. ive fallen in love.

• Was this edited for the US release like the one happened in Zatch Bell-Zatch's lower part was covered with pants and Eco's chest became manly flat?

• Sort of. there are two versions of this show being broadcast in Japan. the cable broadcast that cut a a few scenes from at least episodes 1 and 2 that funi is streaming, and the AT-X broadcast, an exclusive Japanese premium satellite broadcasting channel, that airs the show without the cuts. Eco hasn't been edited, she really is nearly flat chested