Has any actual adaptation of Negima been made, and will UQ Holder be done?

• Negima, Negima!?, Negima Final, etc etc…

Okay, let me ask quite directly - is there any Negima anime adaptation that actually followed the story of the manga? Anything in the works like that? I'd really like to see a good anime adaptation of it that actually follows it from the beginning all the way to the end. Especially the Jack Rakan fight and final battle with Fate and the Mage of the Beginning, as well as the last Negi+Asuna vs Evangeline fight and Asuna going to the future and everything. The actual story of Negima unadulterated.

But somehow I doubt it'll happen, much like most animes it seems. Soul Eater, Rosario + Vampire, and now Akame ga Kill, if there's one thing I've learned it's that the animes rarely show the actual story as it was intended by the original writer, and they tend to throw in a ton of fan-service and "moe" and crop out anything that would be considered too brutal or romantic. Ugh.

But I'm just hoping for the best. Also, what of UQ Holder, the sequel to Negima? I would hope they'll do Negima correctly before even considering Holder, but if they do go for it I want them to, ya know, actually follow it. I'm just really tired of them taking the characters from mangas and then changing the plot however they like.

Lastly, where do you actually find any of these lesser-known shows/mangas in HD? All I can ever find is low-quality stuff. I mean did they just never bother to release them in HD? It seems like a shame that they even make them at all if they're not going to do it in an acceptable quality that really shows the fruit of their efforts.

Thanks.

• @-alexander-:

Okay, let me ask quite directly - is there any Negima anime adaptation that actually followed the story of the manga? Anything in the works like that? I'd really like to see a good anime adaptation of it that actually follows it from the beginning all the way to the end. Especially the Jack Rakan fight and final battle with Fate and the Mage of the Beginning, as well as the last Negi+Asuna vs Evangeline fight and Asuna going to the future and everything. The actual story of Negima unadulterated.

This is a common thing with anime. Many times a series will start, and end up catching up to the manga and overtaking it. A good case in point would be, Fullmetal Alchemist, at which point an ending was created for the series because the anime ended, and the manga was still going. There is no true to the manga anime adaptation of Negima.

@-alexander-:

if there's one thing I've learned it's that the animes rarely show the actual story as it was intended by the original writer, and they tend to throw in a ton of fan-service and "moe" and crop out anything that would be considered too brutal or romantic. Ugh.

If I recall correctly, the first few volumes of Negima were shrink-wrapped, because they featured some pretty heavy doses of nudity. So I'm not sure what you mean when you say that fan-service was "added" to the series. Ken Akamatsu is notorious for his fan-service works.

@-alexander-:

Lastly, where do you actually find any of these lesser-known shows/mangas in HD? All I can ever find is low-quality stuff. I mean did they just never bother to release them in HD? It seems like a shame that they even make them at all if they're not going to do it in an acceptable quality that really shows the fruit of their efforts.

I could be wrong on this, so don't take it as gospel, but I don't believe there were ever any high definition transfers made for Negima! It was not filmed in 16x9 widescreen, and was produced on the cheap by Xebec; which pissed off a lot of the fans, because the animation was pretty underwhelming throughout most of it. For the -reimagined Negima!? the series was handled by a different studio, and it was filmed in better quality; so a high definition version of it may exist somewhere.