Full Metal Alchemist's current rating tag

• Hello,

This is mostly directed at Funimation's moderators. I think the current rating applied for the show FullMetal Alchemist of Parental Guidance(PG) is a bit under the mark.

Just saying that the occasional gore alone should be enough to bump it to PG-13 and that doesn't even start to address the subject matter.

Just my 2 cents. (Awesome show to have in your library though, kudos)

• Percith

• I don't think the mods or admins can do anything about that. that's a whole different department

• Yeah, sorry. It's not up to us. You gotta ask the FCC themselves about that one. v^_^

• @SpacemanHardy:

You gotta ask the FCC themselves about that one

The FCC does not rated shows. The TV ratings guidelines are self-rated and the one that rated FMA TV-PG works at FUNimation.

• I'd disagree. I think TV-PG is fine considering most of the episodes were TV-PG when they aired on Cartoon Network. I also think Casshern Sins should be TV-PG, Mushishi should be TV-PG, Ergo Proxy should be TV-14, and all the .hacks should be TV-PG. But alas, the TV Ratings Guidelines for FUNi are ridiculously strict. I wouldn't be surprised if they give Witch Hunter Robin a TV-14, despite every single episode being TV-PG on Cartoon Network, as well as the fact that it was a tame show in general.

I think people tend to equate TV-PG with the PG movie rating, but they are actually quite different, as TV-PG tends to skew older.

• Not really a site suggestion, but thank you. We'll definitely consider it for future similar releases. It's a little late to change the rating for Fullmetal.

I think the reason the powers that be are a bit strict with rating things is that it's better to be safe than sorry. Most companies self-regulate, including us. Any rating that isn't from the MPAA is us. The rating is usually very flexible during the simulcast and less so once the season is over unless we get uncensored materials that warrant a move up to TV-14 or TV-MA. If you have concerns over a rating, the best time to let us know is during the simulcast.

The site itself only age-gates at TV-MA and R, so you really only need to be worried about which shows have those ratings. We also restrict at 17 instead of 18, since that's where R-rated movies age-gate.

• I'll be honest, I don't really think Death Parade warrants a TV-MA. It's no less violent than a lot of dark, brooding TV-14 series such as say, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (which has a lot more graphic violence).