Why does Deadman Wonderland not have season 2 for its anime?

• I was looking in the best selling mangas today for last month & Deadman Wonderland was ranked in the Top 10 which is pretty big. So if it has this much fans who purchase the manga why not continue the anime? It can pull it off.

• It doesn't matter how much the manga sells over here in the States. What matters is how well the TV series sold over in Japan.

Which apparently it didn't sell well enough to justify making another season. That's why.

• Money is the single most thing that is important when creating an anime. If the first season of an anime made LOTS of money for the producers/committee, then there will likely be a high chance for a 2nd season. And unfortunately, North American support has no pull in the creation of a 2nd season. Only Japanese support matters to anime creators. If Japan likes an anime title and supports if by paying to see it and buy the merchandise, then a 2nd season would likely happen.

http://youtu.be/-AHo-_XEV6E

http://youtu.be/DOFIblTHRTY

:snowman:

• Oh alright thanks <3

• There's no way they could have done a second season anyways. When they made the first season they left out important characters. Also, the event known in the anime as the red hole was just an earthquake in the manga, but the show was airing when that big tsunami hit Japan so it was changed. Based on the characters that were left out, I think the anime was just meant to get people to read the manga. That's a pretty popular method with those 12 episode adaptations that end up left incomplete.

• @SpacemanHardy:

It doesn't matter how much the manga sells over here in the States. What matters is how well the TV series sold over in Japan.

Anime popularity is on the rise outside of Japan & because of that I think either Japan needs to take notice of that or An American production studio needs to open up, so that way Anime that doesn't do well in Japan, but does well outside Japan can be picked up & continued.

I know Funimation is a distribution studio, but I think they would make an excellent candidate for that, since they are the biggest American Anime distributor. I think they could afford having both a distribution & production studio.