Which Dragon Ball Dub is on Funimation?

• Is this the kai dub that I'm watching? I made it through Dragon ball but when I got into Z I noticed the music stuck with the original Japanese and there seems to be less filler (which I like). Also there's a significant amount of content that I never saw before because of the editing on the previous version. I miss the old Bruce Faulconer soundtrack though that used to air in the episodes I saw in the 90's/early 2000's… I read that the kai version is a better translation but I was wondering if the other version is floating around here somewhere?

• Is Bulma voiced by Tiffany Volmer or Monica Rial?

Is it's the former, it's the original series. If it's the latter, it's Kai.

From what I can tell, only the original Dragon Ball Z is available for streaming here on the site. It's possible that it was a condition of the streaming license that FUNi chose to use the original soundtrack instead of the Bruce Falconer score.

• @SpacemanHardy:

It's possible that it was a condition of the streaming license that FUNi chose to use the original soundtrack instead of the Bruce Falconer score.

I'm not sure if that's the case here because the dialogue is changed from the version I saw with the Faulconer score and it's unedited. They got rid of a lot of the cheesy one liners and the delivery by the voice actors is much better. Also Launch, in the heavily edited version that aired in the 90's, was completely edited out of DBZ. She's in this version though. It's also just titled "Dragon Ball Z" and I had read somewhere that Funimation put Kai in the title of the new dub; "Dragon Ball Z Kai". I guess it really doesn't matter, cause at the end of the day, I'm still gonna watch it. I was just curious.

• The first 67 were edited down to 53 and voiced by Ocean voice actors in the 90s. In 2005 funimation did a new dub using their voice actors. As for Kai it is a new dub with a lot of filler edited out it is supposed to be 167 episodes, while DBZ was 291. Hope this helped.

• You might be better off posting your question at Kanzenshuu.

This article might also help.