Fairy tail DvD cost

• Why is it that the dvd parts cost 45$ for 10 eps ? that seems like way to much.
    I got hooked on the show but there is nowhere i can watch ep 49 and up dubbed other then the dvds, but i cant afford $700+ on that :( can any one tell me why it is that they cost so much?

• @alagor:

nowhere i can watch ep 49 and up dubbed

Besides here on the site?

@alagor:

why… they cost so much?

They're actually damn cheap.

• @TIL:

Besides here on the site?

no on here 1-131 are expired for the dub

@TIL:

They're actually damn cheap.

700$ for 175 eps is cheap :O because a naruto box set (ep 1-26) is only 30$ but this is the most expensive series i'v seen.

• the dub has not expired. the "e" means it's for subscribers only

wait for rightstuff to have a funimation sale. or, instead of buyng the individual parts, buy the collections. that will save you money

• Or just pay the $8 a month for an elite subscription and watch the show online to your heart's content.

@alagor:

this is the most expensive series i'v seen.

Sonny boy, Aniplex of America would make you cry.

• @Getchman:

the dub has not expired. the "e" means it's for subscribers only

i assumed it was expired because the show said dub expired on so and so date hmm but ty

• @SpacemanHardy:

Sonny boy, Aniplex of America would make you cry.

lol do i want to know ? :)

• @alagor:

lol do i want to know ? :)

If AoA licenses a show, you can count on it costing roughly $10 an episode.

Meaning half of a standard 24 episode show will run you $120.

• @SpacemanHardy:

If AoA licenses a show, you can count on it costing roughly $10 an episode.

so that is why is costs so much ?

• yes funi titles are alot cheaper, even by todays standards.
    for exampl i originally bought the complete series of noir on dvd back in about 2003 for$30.00 per volume for seven volumes,
    which was $210.00 for a 26 epesode series before sales tax.
    so some of funis title may seem a little high to you, but they are nowhere as high as they use to be for todays standars.

except for some of the other disttibuters such as spaceman pointed out, they charge way more than funi does.

• This post is deleted!

• Now that Ponycon, is entering the north america anime market, they are charging more then AoA

• May I recommend buying a subscription here at Funimation's website - all things considered, it's really inexpensive and a fantastically good deal. The only problem I foresee is if you don't have a great internet connection and just can't live without HD. Just to get a good idea of what I'm talking about, I subscribe and for an SD streaming session I usually only get one brief interruption for buffering per 1/2 hour episode. This is with an internet connection that gets up to 180 KB/S if I'm REALLY lucky while downloading.

• Well since you think that the series is too expensive you have your answer of what you should do. Either buy a subscription and watch the episodes that way, or wait for them to go on sale ^_^

The DVDs are priced at $45 because Funimation determined they could maximize their profits at that price. Like many others have said Funimation has really awesome prices and are the cheapest prices in the industry, I commonly pay much more for other series from different companies.

Personally Most expensive I buy are NIS sets. I will never buy an Aniplex release :)