Shows and Movies You'd Like FUNimation to Pick Up Thread Episode IV: A New Forum

• Welp, this thread has been a staple of the forums since I've been around so I guess it's time to make a new one for this new forum. Just remember a few things:

1. Please look up anything you want to put down here on Anime News Network first to make sure someone doesn't already have it.
    2. I don't work for FUNi, so I can't guarantee anyone of major importance will actually read this thread (though I hope they do).
    3. Try not to start any flame wars over any particular titles. It's okay to not like things, just don't be a jerk about it.
    4. Don't post every time you have a new show you want. Make a list and edit it as you go. A clean thread is a happy thread and if Rule #2 doesn't actually apply it'll help anyone of major importance with their important marketing data.

I think that ought to cover the basics so let's make this civil and maybe a little fun.

• I'm just gonna dump what I've been building up since the 2.0 forums went down a few months ago.

EDIT: 1/17/2017

New Series:
    Star Blazers 2199

FuniRoll(?):
    Akagi
    HEROMAN (I know, I know)
    Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
    Kaiji: Against All Rules
    Polar Bear's Cafe
    Witch Craft Works

Series Rescues:
    Gosick
    Paranoia Agent
    Silent Mobius

Simulcast Full Rights:
    Symphogear
    The Tatami Galaxy

New Movies:
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
    Lu Over the Wall
    One Piece the Movie: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island
    Park Chan-wook's Short Films
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Unforgiven (Yurusarezaru-mono)
    Walk On, Fair Maiden. The Night is Young (Yoru wa mijikashi arukeyo otome)

Movie Rescues:
    Perfect Blue

Upcoming Shows:
    Atom: The Beginning
    Full Metal Panic (Season 3)
    Inuyashiki

Bold - Blu-Ray option available for these rescues that wasn't available before
    Italics - Live Action

• Humm… I guess I would love to see a rescue of an old series, which has been hard to find or come by since ADV folded years ago... Generator Gawl. I think many a fans of FMA and Ed Elric's VA (Vic) would probably enjoy seeing the series that became his first main character role so long ago...:)

• I'll keep my list short for the moment. But some of my top ones are still.
    Asura Cryin'
    Ben-to!
    Nagasarete Airantou
    Myself;Yourlsel

Like I said short for now. Wait and see what funi gets out of th fall stuff. Seen some things announced. Hope we get more.

• My kingdom for a nice English dub & LE release of Tatami Galaxy.

And I know Funi's pretty much done with case closed. But at least a dub of the Conan VS Lupin III movie would be nice. If Fujiko Mine sold well enough to justify such that is. *And maybe Case Closed Movie 13, since its about the organization.)

• the second season of Index, Seeing as season 2 of Railgun was picked up quick.

Gosick,

• The rest of A Certain Magical Index
    The rest of Detective Conan (Case Closed) - If we can't get the rest of the series, can we at least get the rest of the movies?
    City Hunter - might as well throw in Angel Heart with it

• Definitely the second season of Index (and the movie, because Raildex is probably my favorite series at the moment and I don't want to see any of it left out). I thought FUNimation was just taking their time getting around to it, but since Railgun S was picked up almost instantly, I don't see why they haven't already.
    I also think if they are going to pick it up, now would be a pretty good time to do it, considering the hype that Railgun caused.

• 07 Ghost
    • Arata Kangatari
    • Betrayal Knows My Name
    • Bokura ga Ita
    • Dramatical Murder
    • Earl and Fairy
    • Hanasakeru Seishounen
    • Hatenkou Yuugi
    • Hyouka
    • Makai Ouji Devils and Realist
    • Monochrome Factor
    • My Little Monster
    • Nodame Cantabile
    • Nyanpire the animation
    • Poyopoyo
    • Pupa
    • Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
    • Skip Beat!
    • Yamishibai Japanese Ghost Stories
    • Vassalord
    • Hotarubi no Mori e
    • Stein's Gate movie

• I'd love to see Nodame Cantabile. I know it has a European English dub and is streamed, but it's only the first series. I'd love to see the last two series.

That's really all I've got, and I know it won't happen. lol

• @Swordy537:

Definitely the second season of Index (and the movie, because Raildex is probably my favorite series at the moment and I don't want to see any of it left out). I thought FUNimation was just taking their time getting around to it, but since Railgun S was picked up almost instantly, I don't see why they haven't already.
    I also think if they are going to pick it up, now would be a pretty good time to do it, considering the hype that Railgun caused.

They have said they're in negotiations for Index II. The movie would probably take longer if they want to do a BD release because Kadokawa is involved and they're worried about reverse importation.

• @Zeether:

They have said they're in negotiations for Index II. The movie would probably take longer if they want to do a BD release because Kadokawa is involved and they're worried about reverse importation.

I'm a very patient guy as long I know that it's actually going to happen. At least now I know that it's in progress; all the places I checked just said it wasn't licensed yet and stopped there.
    This has made my day

• Since Funimation is cool with releasing sub-only formats now, I'd be cool with it if they picked up a couple of undubbable shows, first and foremost being Joshiraku

I don't exactly know what the status is of Nichijo's license after Bandai canceled their release (do they still retain the rights in North America?), but if it's fair game then that is another show I'd be happy to have in subbed format (despite it having such a western feel, there are way too many puns, chapters, and localized jokes that don't translate)

In more dub-friendly shows, I don't believe anybody's picked up Love Lab or Chronicles of the Going Home Club from this past season, so I'll request those two as well

• @Rootsofjustice:

Maoyu

Now, Madman announced in August that they are releasing this on home video in Australia. While there are a few exceptions, the majority of their releases have both US licenses and dubs.

@Radiant:

I'd love to see Nodame Cantabile. I know it has a European English dub and is streamed, but it's only the first series. I'd love to see the last two series.

It's an Animax Asia dub, although apparently using American VAs.
    It is supposedly locked up with Sony making licensing impossible.

• @Riles:

I don't exactly know what the status is of Nichijo's license after Bandai canceled their release (do they still retain the rights in North America?), but if it's fair game then that is another show I'd be happy to have in subbed format (despite it having such a western feel, there are way too many puns, chapters, and localized jokes that don't translate)

The rights to both Nichijou and Gosick returned to Kadokawa (and Turn A Gundam to Sunrise) because BEI never actually started work on them before they shut down.

• @Shiroi:

Now, Madman announced in August that they are releasing this on home video in Australia. While there are a few exceptions, the majority of their releases have both US licenses and dubs.

It's an Animax Asia dub, although apparently using American VAs.
    It is supposedly locked up with Sony making licensing impossible.

Aniplex USA should just release Nodame Cantabile if Sony is making the licensing an issue.

• Shows I'd love to see finally get licensed:

• Ben-to
    • Symphogear
    • Symphogear G
    • Index S2
    • All of the Index-tan and Railgun Specials
    • A Certain Magical Index: Miracle of Endymion (Movie)
    • Blu-ray's for Index S1 and Railgun S1

For these ones I wouldn't even care if they were sub-only. As long as everything is subbed (songs, signs, etc.) and come in nice LE sets with extra bonus' (maybe OSTs, like Sentai Filmworks is doing?), I'd definitely pick these shows up.

• It's not a new license, but I'd be very happy to see a physical release of The Tatami Galaxy in North America.

Other than that, I'd like to see more theatrical movies released stateside. I know there are some licensor requirements for theatrical showings, and the content is kinda slim pickings compared to television series, but it's still something I'd like to see.

• Nice for Funimation to simulcast both Date A Live and Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation. I would like to see Funimation license and dub both shows for home video release. Note that for Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation, the same voice actors from the game should be used in the anime.

I think I might have requested this multiple times, but I think Funimation should license and release Dog Days.

• Here's my list:

Hayate S2-4 and movie (start out with sub then go dub if sales are sufficient. eventually get s1)
    Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
    GoSick
    Nichijou
    RahXephon
    Plantetes
    Space Dandy
    Captain Earth
    Noragami
    Hyouka
    Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief
    Chihayafuru
    Monster (Viz dropped it. Needs new dub due to missing music in the existing dub)
    Hunter X Hunter (redub)
    Negima OADs
    Mao-Chan (redub since dub sucks)
    Love Hina Again (redub since dub alongside with series sucks)
    GITS 2: Innocence

• @Domayv:

RahXephon

Did Section 23 indicate they lost this? It's still readily available for under $40.