One Piece Video Games 2015 & Dubbing Anime Titles.

• Hello everyone, today I'd like to talk about Pirate Warriors 3 and some people trying to dub it, then a little insight on the misconceptions for dubbing anime games or other Japanese games.

To start off here, I am primarily here to request help. Along with other fans, we are sick of Namco just lazily subbing One Piece games, along with others. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 comes out in March in Japan but has no official release date for North America. The plan to get the game dubbed starts out with a rather mundane task, a petition. Yeah…...I know. Obviously petitions don't work and we are aware of that, but the idea is just to gather people and spread the idea itself. Its simply a tool for accumulating people. I spoke to an editor at Forbes.com who has contacts for video game companies and knows Namco, he said they truly do care about their fans. Well, we want to show them we care.

If you are a Funimation fan of One Piece and want a game dubbed, or at least support those who do, its called: "Release One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 & Future Games English Dubbed"

Next this brings me to the second part of this post, reasons for dubbing and why.
    When its brought up to people about wanting to dub this particular anime game, many people will say the same thing: "Oh the anime isn't that far in the series" or "This group of certain people don't have voice actors". Neither of that matters. I did speak with a Funimation representative through email about a year ago and was explained that Funimation has no say in dubbing a game, voice actors from them will have to be hired in order to dub it. Namco licenses the games and Funimation owns the anime, two separate things.
    If this was the case for all anime video games, then we wouldn't be getting the Naruto Storm games at the pace Viz dubs it, neither would we have gotten Bleach Soul Resurrección.

When Storm 2 was released, it covered up to the Pain Invasion Arc. It was nearly two years after its release that Viz actually began to dub and release that part of the anime. The same with Bleach, when the game was released in the U.S it covered the rest of the battle with Aizen and his Arrancar army. The anime was a few episodes away from entering the Zanpakutō Unknown Tales arc, which as you all know Bleach for its massively long filler arcs. You get the idea now.

There is quite a history behind the dubbing on One Piece. Toei was choosing between several companies to dub the series, Funimation was actually planning out a dub cast when they tried to get the show, but we all know 4kids took it away. In the end after Funimation got the series and began re-planning the dub cast, Toei Animation staff members and the author himself, Eiichiro Oda, chose the English Straw Hat voices in the FUNimation dub. Toei also selected a few of the major villains like Rob Lucci. We got Unlimited Adventure dubbed shortly around the time Funimation licensed the series. Although the game didn't get much attention like other big-name titles it was received well by its fans.

• Isn't this more or less the same type of thread Spaceman Hardy closed before?

Why are you making another one, and nowhere in this lengthy post did I actually read what the point was. Unless it was the quoted part in paragraph three which smells a lot like a petition.

• ^ EASY, Dave. I've already spoken to Asura at length on this matter, and as long as he doesn't link directly to the petition at hand, he isn't breaking any rules. I feel that he brings up a good point of discussion, so as long as he doesn't actually post the petition, he's allowed to speak his mind.

Asura, I intend to respond to your comment at length at some point, but tonight I am far to tired to think straight. So that will have to wait for another day.

• @SpacemanHardy:

I feel that he brings up a good point of discussion, so as long as he doesn't actually post the petition, he's allowed to speak his mind.

Indeed. Which is why I left it open. Though, since this is about video game dubs, should this be moved to the game section? Your call.

• @Davidism:

Indeed. Which is why I left it open. Though, since this is about video game dubs, should this be moved to the game section? Your call.

….THAT is a very good point. One in which I'm sure Asura would not have a problem with.

Proceed. :)

• Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! I look forward to a response when you have the time.

UPDATE

I wrote a letter to Namco HQ, they replied and took interest in the dub and are forwarding me to the developers.

• Hmm, I didn't read all of your post.. but I think it would be interesting to play a One Piece game.