2015 Anime Villains Tournament Discussion Thread

• Wow, I didn't think you'd go as far as vacating all of her victories!

Looks like I'll have to be extra vigilant for my next Amazons of Anime tournament.

• I blame 7jaws7 for not voting. LOL ^_^ Just Kidding :P

(I wanted to add a funny pic, but I couldn't find anything good. Maybe someone else could do it.)

• @7jaws7:

Wow, I didn't think you'd go as far as vacating all of her victories!

Well I can't say it was something that I really wanted to do. But still, looking back through all of her previous matches, it was in most cases the posts in the thread seemed to usually favor the person Junko was up against, yet every single time, she managed to win by 1 vote. Almost as if someone knew simply letting the match be tied wouldn't work out in their favor. Another thing I noticed since I usually check on the matches about 30 minutes before I start setting up the next group of matches. Junko was usually behind by a vote or two, sometimes tied. I do check on matches throughout the day, and it seemed that a lot of last minute voting came in her matches. Short of having actual IP addresses checked, it was enough for me to think something was up.

I do offer my apologizes to the people that were legit voting for Junko, but there was just too much going on to ignore here.

• @DrewFace520:

I blame 7jaws7 for not voting.

!

• Alright, after dealing with some controversy, we'll head into our final eight with these characters:

Dio Brando - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Diva - Blood+

Griffith - Berserk

Johan Liebert - Monster

Legato Bluesummers - Trigun

Medusa Gorgon - Soul Eater

Queen Delphine Eraclea - Last Exile

Shogo Makishima - PsychoPass

So yeah… Shogo Makishima replaces the disqualified Junko Enoshima. This is something I didn't want to do. But there was just too much fishy stuff going on. I hope there's never a need to do such a thing again. The tournament will continue on, hopefully without any further issues. Once again, I offer my apologies to the people that were truly supporting and voting for Junko, its just that someone was taking things too far to prove she was the best. Remember, this is just for fun, people!

• So one of my previous personal candidates is disqualified, only to be replaced by my other previous personal candidate.

All in all I really didn't lose anything else here.

Regardless of my remaining candidates now, it's definitely rooting for DIO, Medusa, Johan, and now Shogo Makishima too.

I at least am glad that Meruem got as far as he did fair and square for the Sinister Sixteen. I'm really proud of that now (also you should all totally watch Hunter x Hunter by the way).

@7jaws7:

Looks like I'll have to be extra vigilant for my next Amazons of Anime tournament.

Hey that just means that I can then support the ACTUAL best girl in Danganronpa now. (Well best in Danganronpa 1, since I don't think I can nominate Danganronpa 2 characters w/o an anime counterpart)

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/danganronpa/images/1/18/KirigiriKyouko.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130514162521

• I was gone for the weekend and come back to a lot.

I'm sad that this stuff happened in the first place, but it's cool to have Makishima back.

• The 5th round ends, so now with these winners we are down to a fearsome final four…

Diva from Blood+

Dio Brando from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Johan Liebert from Monster

Medusa Gorgon from Soul Eater

We had a couple of close matches, but Johan managed to eek out a 2 vote victory, and Medusa managed to hold off a late surge to win by 1. All in all we have a good crew of villains here and it really does look like anyone could win. Though Johan could face some "they won before" backlash to keep him out of advancing to the championship match. I believe that happened to him last year as well as Light Yagami.

• @classyspartan:

Hey that just means that I can then support the ACTUAL best girl in Danganronpa now. (Well best in Danganronpa 1, since I don't think I can nominate Danganronpa 2 characters w/o an anime counterpart)

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/danganronpa/images/1/18/KirigiriKyouko.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130514162521

Eh, I think Sakura was better. :P

Anyway, I'll be going with Diva. Sucks that Beato and Adachi are out, and the whole thing with Junko really bummed me out, but at least I still have someone to root for.

• Results are in so here are our championship match participants…

Medusa Gorgon from Soul Eater

Diva from Blood+

In both matches we had clear though not overwhelming victories. Medusa won 9 to 4 over Johan Liebert, and Diva defeated Dio Brando 8 to 5. Seems the people for the most part are on board for this tournament having its first ever female champion. Because no matter who wins that's exactly what it shall be. Took me a little longer to post results tonight since I made a mistake in rushing to post the matches for this round. Anyways, just a day off and then the championship match shall begin. Like previous villain tournaments I'll set the poll to stay open for two days. But until then…

• Sorry for the delay folks, but due to all the site maintenance last night I couldn't post the championship match. It will go up tonight unless they decide to do more.

• After a long journey, we finally have a winner…

MEDUSA GORGON
    SOUL EATER

It was a close battle for certain, and honestly was still tied up 6 to 6 until the last possible moment. Then Spaceman Hardy swooped in to cast the deciding vote. So congratulations to the winner and a huge thanks to everyone that participated. I do once again offer my apologies to any fans of Junko Enoshima and I sincerely hope that such extreme measures aren't needed for the next time. This was fun (other than the one thing) so let's do this again next year!

• Congrats to Medusa for not only redeeming her one-vote loss from last year, but for also becoming the first ever female villain's champion.

And many thanks to LuckySeven for once again hosting an excellent tournament. It's too bad we had to deal with that ballot-stuffing incident, but we'll be sure to catch it sooner next time.

• Congrats to Medusa ;P for winning this tournament and congrats to LuckySeven :up: for running this tournament again.

• This was my very first tournament on this forum (like real tournament anyway as all I had done before that was a vote or two in the Best Character tournament) but this was the first where I actually took part in the community and it was a whole lot of fun. Got some good characters into the mix regardless, and while it's a shame the whole Junko debacle happened I am at least proud that my personal favorite Meruem got a lot farther than I ever expected him to in the Sinister Sixteen and even beating out last year's champion too. That personally was an exciting moment for me.

Can't wait to do any future tournaments on this forum!

• ^ I'm glad that you had fun, Spartan! As far as future tournaments go, I know that coming up next we'll have 7Jaws7's Amazon's of Anime tournament, followed by my own MANLIEST Anime MEN of MANLINESS tournament, so look forward to those. ^_^

• Medusa won, which is nice.

Takano and Beato made it pretty far too, which I'm happy for.

Junko is basically why we can't have nice things (amusingly enough, just like in the actual franchise), so yeah, never again with her. Sorry to everyone for putting her in this to begin with.

I will say that I can't wait for the next one though, so I can put THIS ****er in it.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/danganronpa/images/c/c3/Nagito_Komaeda_Official_art_from_the_DR_Reload_book..png/revision/latest?cb=20140610040100

His villainy is on a much smaller scale, but he's soooooooo much more complex than Junko, with a unique personality and a nearly incomprehensible sense of morality.

I'm really hoping the same thing doesn't happen with him.

Granted, we'd need to get a Danganronpa 2 anime first.

Anyway, thanks to Lucky for putting this together, and I'm looking forward to other tournaments.

• Medusa is also the first non-top 20 villain champ, although she did get a "dishonorable mention" at the beginning of JO's videos.

I'll be getting right on that next tournament everyone. Nominations will be open this week - and the voting will probably begin near the end of the month.

• Uuuuuuuuuuugh. >_<

I had a feeling I was gonna miss the championship match because of my little vacation, but it's still a huge bummer. Diva wouldn't have won even if I did get the chance to vote, so it's not too bad, but still.

Minus the Junko mess, this was really fun. Can't wait for future tourneys.

• I was really hoping for the Major to win.