Redub?

• The first time I watched this anime was way back when it was first dubbed into English. I remember having to wait for the second half of the season to be dubbed.

One line really stuck with me. It was towards the end of episode 24 when Okabe said "Wether or not the universe can justifiably be called infinite, the possibilities within it most certainly are." I thought that was a very profound line and loved it.

But now I just rewatched the series a second time and towards the end of episode 24 he said "Wether or not the universe can justifiably be called infinite, the possibilities within it are another matter entirely."

Same voice actor. I know I haven't sent any D-mails and I'm pretty sure I'm not remembering alternate world lines so what gives? Why the change and when?

Quite frankly, I like it better the first way.

• That is…. interesting, to say the least. :hmm:

Tell me, the first time you watched the series, how did you watch it? Streaming here on the site, or on DVD? I can check with someone who has a physical copy to see if the line is different than it is streaming.

• My Blu-Ray ends it with "Perhaps the universe can't justifiably be called infinite. But the possibilities within it…different story altogether."

And just because I had the episode on iTunes, it also ended the same way.

Weird.

• It was here on this site.

• Great… and just when I started liking dubs again.

THEY LET THIS HAPPEN!

!

• Well, just think of it this way…..

Perhaps they dubbed the final line..... with this intention in mind.

Perhaps.... All possibilities literally ARE endless....

Perhaps.... There are multiple endings to the series.

Perhaps FUNimation did this on purpose, considering the nature of the series, and left it as a subtle little surprise for us to discover.

Now.... let THAT.... little number sink in. =^_^=

• Now that I think about it, The second half of the series I watched subbed first. I couldn't wait for them to finish dubbing the rest of it. So now I'm wondering if maybe it was the subtitles the had it as "the possibilities within it most certainly are."

Maybe I'll go back and check out the subtitled version of the last episode and see if that's it.

• This post is deleted!

• @polerbair:

It was here on this site.

I don't understand your ans. what you really want to suggest ?