Are they continuing the dub of fairytale past episode 175?

• i would like to know if they are continueing the english dub past episode 175?

• Yes they are. Some of the voice actors accidentally let it slip that they were dubbing the new episodes. As to when they'll actually be available, it will more than likely be a while.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Yes they are. Some of the voice actors accidentally let it slip that they were dubbing the new episodes. As to when they'll actually be available, it will more than likely be a while.

Did they let it slip recently? Because I know it takes time between the recording and the release, so if they said it within the past couple of months…

Also, I sure hope they'll be releasing the DVDs with the cleaned up artwork and not the simulcast version with the crappy artwork. I've had my say about that on this other thread

• I know Michael Jones, who voices Sting, said that he recorded some lines like 2 weeks ago so its safe to assume that we probably won't get them till like fall the earliest

• if recording kept going after they completed ep 175, then based on the recording session we saw in the building tour video they put up on youtube back in September, then they are probably near ep 200 right now

• How ashamed should I be that I'm only at episode 25?

Anyway, I can wait for the dub of the newer episodes, as clearly I'm not in dire straits for them.

• I know I've said that I want Funimation to release the episodes with the cleaned up art and not the simulcast version, but right now, my biggest hope is that the dub avoids that MAJOR plot hole from the subtitles (which they should fix if they haven't already, by the way). They probably won't, but still, imagine how embarrassing it would be like that time they almost cast the guy who played Gran Doma to play Faust when it should have been Makarov's actor (it was in the trailer for Part 7, but the final version showed the correct actor). Of course, talking about it would also mean MAJOR SPOILERS. So…

! In Episode 184, we learn that the mysterious hooded figure lurking around the Grand Magic Games is actually Lucy from the future. In the same episode, Princess Hisui reveals that she was forewarned of a dragon invasion by someone from the future. Naturally, we'd all conclude her advisor was Future Lucy, and thus she says in the subs: "My advisor said she came from the future." But then we get a major plot twist in Episode 190: the one from the future who spoke to Hisui was a MAN. And in Japanese, she didn't use any gender-specific pronouns to address her advisor up to that point, but of course the translators assumed she was talking about Lucy because that was the only time traveler we knew of at that point. So all this time in the subs, Hisui had been calling this man a "she".

I swear, if the final release puts in this plot twist and doesn't fix it, I'll stop watching the dub forever.

• @immblueversion:

I swear, if the final release puts in this plot twist and doesn't fix it, I'll stop watching the dub forever.

alright drama queen, simmer down

• Not gonna lie, that seems like an awful nitpicky thing to get riled up to the point of dropping the entire dub over. -_-

• @immblueversion:

Not only is this an exceptionally nitpicky thing to complain about, your complaints themselves are patently false

! Funimation correctly translated the plot twist by using gender-neutral wording. It was Crunchyroll that was using "she"
    !
    ! Again, you're somehow confusing Funimation's translation with Crunchyroll's error (which I assume has since been fixed, because they tend to only proofread their scripts at some point after they've published them). I'm not particularly surprised that I had to correct you a second time on this, because you seem to be as selective as you are irrational

• @Riles:

Not only is this an exceptionally nitpicky thing to complain about, your complaints themselves are patently false

! Funimation correctly translated the plot twist by using gender-neutral wording. It was Crunchyroll that was using "she"
    !
    ! Again, you're somehow confusing Funimation's translation with Crunchyroll's error (which I assume has since been fixed, because they tend to only proofread their scripts at some point after they've published them). I'm not particularly surprised that I had to correct you a second time on this, because you seem to be as selective as you are irrational

Then it seems they fixed the subtitles. I've only ever followed the simulcast episodes here, and I remember what I read when that episode first aired. I suppose I'll stop complaining about what could've been a minor major plot hole.

• I just saw episode 175, and to my surprise the way the episode ended was not changed, they still have the Natsu, Lucy, and Happy telling the audience that they will see them again. I thought they would edit that out.

Part of me was thinking perhaps, they would make their own episode 176 preview. Though I don't how much that would cost.

• One thing I want to know is if Funimation will release the next volume as #16, or restart the volume count like it was done in Japan for the new series, in which case they'd probably have to give it a new name. But seeing how the new series is currently "Season 7" on this site, it could very well be the former.

• Is it possible you might just need to settle down for a little bit and just wait?

Like I know that may seem like a lot to ask, but at least let Funimation have the chance to catch up with the episode releases for a bit okay? Even if they're dubbing it now they probably won't release DVDs for another couple months. Not to mention they still have some other big projects going on, so let them take their time to work it out.

• @immblueversion:

But seeing how the new series is currently "Season 7" on this site, it could very well be the former.

Agree with that as well - especially since its also part 1 of season 7. Also, I cannot remember where it was (maybe the wikia or twitter) but someone mentioned they were recording still? Could be a rumor or wishful thinking though.

• "I know Michael Jones, who voices Sting, said that he recorded some lines like 2 weeks ago so its safe to assume that we probably won't get them till like fall the earliest"

REPLY:

Yeah, he wrote on Twitter that in February he had just finished recording his lines for episode 175… So this still doesn't answer the question: Will Funimation continue to dub episodes 176+ of Fairy Tail?

If ANYONE has heard/read ANYTHING ANYWHERE about this, please let me know ASAP! I've been dying to hear some kind of news, but to no avail. I'll be heartbroken if they decide not to go through with it.

Then again, Fairy Tail has gained some serious ground in North America over the last year (I've actually seen the various volumes be sold in retail stores--wasn't like that last year!), so maybe if it's popular enough and if they think there's a good chance at profiting, they'll continue the English dub.

Until I hear on Funimation.com or from a fellow fan on this forum, I'll cross my fingers!

• Didn't we just get a news/blog post about this not that long ago? I could be wrong and if I am wrong all I can say is just keep checking the news and schedule for updates.

• okingofkings…

I keep googling "Funimation News" every day and I end up on this page...

http://www.funimation.com/blog/

Do you think that's the best way to keep checking for updates on the Funimation site, or do you have a different suggestion?

• Their Twitter page is the best place to keep up with their news

They add their preorders for releases about three months ahead of time around the middle of every month (i.e., in the middle of March this year, they added their pre-orders for June), so that might be the first place you find information about it. Check their pre-orders page in the shop around the 15th-20th each month to see if new Fairy Tail is up for pre-order. It's unlikely that they will announce it first on their blog or Twitter

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop_Filter.ss?scategory=534836&sortbyvalue=5&sf=sf

• Does anyone know if theres an official date or post as to whether when fairy tail episodes 200-252 are going to be english dubbed??

• @raylovqs:

Does anyone know if theres an official date or post as to whether when fairy tail episodes 200-252 are going to be english dubbed??

just keep an eye on the schedule