Black Butler Season 3

• Does anyone know when the DVD of the third season of Black butler (Book of Circus) will be released in English dub?

• probably no earlier than mid summer

• I wanna know already come on people who else wants to know

• ^ Patience, grasshopper. These things take time.

• Does anyone have any information on the release date???

• Not at this time, no. :hmm:

Considering that Aniplex will more than likely want to meddle around with it, it might still be a while, I'm afraid.

• This post is deleted!

• Wait, so what's holding up the Book of Circus dub? I'm confused… It's been over a year since the sub came out. If it were an unpopular show I would understand, but as far as I understand the following is huge. Other shows are getting done so much faster and Book of circus isn't that long of a season. Not to mention it was already partly cast because of the previous seasons. So how is it talking longer than shows that had no cast, and more episodes? Is it legal trouble? Because I thought funimation would have the rights because they streamed the sub. Is there more to it than that?

• @96qutie:

Wait, so what's holding up the Book of Circus dub? I'm confused… It's been over a year since the sub came out. If it were an unpopular show I would understand, but as far as I understand the following is huge. Other shows are getting done so much faster and Book of circus isn't that long of a season. Not to mention it was already partly cast because of the previous seasons. So how is it talking longer than shows that had no cast, and more episodes? Is it legal trouble? Because I thought funimation would have the rights because they streamed the sub. Is there more to it than that?

Dubs usually come out around 12-16 months after the show has finished airing in Japan. Seeing as Book of Circus ended in September of last year, it's still within the typical grace period. We could see it as early as February.

That having been said, given Aniplex's recent reputation, they might be forcing FUNimation to put a hold on it. We just simply don't know at this point.

• Thanks, that's good to know that might be what's going on. I'm just so excited for it, makes waiting hard.