Assassination Classroom Broadcast Dub Review

• On Wednesday, FUNimation streamed the first episode of Assassination Classroom and I want to know what you guy thought about. I liked it, but alot of the voice really didn't fit their character that much (especially Karasuma Sensei). To be completly honest the only really didn't like in the dub was Karasuma Sensei, FUNimation has casted a new voice actor (Chris Ryan) to play him, I personally thought it was a bad idea hiring a new guy to voice Karasuma since he doesn't have that much voice acting experience, I think that they should've hired either Robert McCollum or Christopher Sabat to voice Karasuma instead since they both of them have a lot more voice acting experience, Chris Ryan's voice wasn't even deep enough to play Karasuma and he didn't even add that much emotion to his character, but I'll still give him a chance since he's still new and hopefuly he might get better later on. What did you guys think about the episode? I would love to know what your thoughts were about the episode. I can't wait to read your reviews, good luck you guys.

• All I wanna say is: Sonny Strait absolutely SLAYED it as Koro Sensei. I was worried at first from the teaser trailer, but once we got to hear him in the full episode, I think he knocked it out of the ballpark.

• thought it sounded great. excellently cast so far. Just hope Tatum restrains himself a bit with his scripting

• Enjoyed the acting, and the show seems like quirky fun with a potential for surprising depth. I can't wait for next week!

• Their explanation for calling him Koro Sensei was..definitely something. Something I'd expect written from Sentai

• @Riles:

Their explanation for calling him Koro Sensei was..definitely something. Something I'd expect written from Sentai

That's just Tatum, though. He's an angel on the mic, but Steven Foster on the script. :hmm:

• The explanation for calling him Koro-sensei in the dub seems to match the reason given in the source manga. So it looks like the mangaka gets the credit for that one, not the dub script writer.

• It was in the original manga, but a direct translation of the reasoning doesn't make it any less clunky in English

• Regardless, I'm just glad that they still call him Koro Sensei in the dub instead of trying to translate it to "Unkillable Teacher" or something like that, because that would just sound dumb.

• Can I just offer that further reviews be posted to this thread, instead of giving me a heart attack and posting a new thread for each and every episode?

And… damn my life. Now I really want to see this show!

• @Davidism:

And… damn my life. Now I really want to see this show!

Well… You should watch it..... Because it's AWESOME!!!! ^_^

• My plan was to put out a review for every episode, why won't you let me do that? I'm the one making the thread so it should be my decision. Now I need to change the thread name and I don't know how to do that. Can someone help me change the name from "Assassination Classroom Broadcast Dub Episode 1 Review" to "Assassination Classroom Broadcast Dub Review". I'm also sorry that I wasn't typing a good review, it was more like a rant because Karasuma was voiced by a new actor instead of the actor who I wanted to play him. As soon as I saw Karasuma's appearance, the only actor I could see voicing him was Robert McCollum. My big brother and his girlfriend were disappointed too, because they wanted him to be voiced by Christopher Sabat. I'll stop complaining about his voice now, I really don't know what to do now.

• @animefan850:

My plan was to put out a review for every episode, why won't you let me do that?

Because it's spam and only provides unnecessary clutter when the discussion can be neatly consolidated into one thread, just like with every other simulcast discussion thread in their respective subforums

• @Riles You still haven't answered my question about how to change the thread name. How do you do it? I tried, and I can't do it. Do I have to be an admin to do that? I don't even know how to lock a thread. Please tell me how to do that.

• Yes, you do

I would recommend asking a moderator or admin to change it for you if it bothers you that much (it shouldn't bother you that much, people will still look at the thread if they want to talk about the show)

• Ask and you shall receive. ~_^

• @SpacemanHardy Thank you so much for changing the name, I really appreciate it.

• @SpacemanHardy:

All I wanna say is: Sonny Strait absolutely SLAYED it as Koro Sensei. I was worried at first from the teaser trailer, but once we got to hear him in the full episode, I think he knocked it out of the ballpark.

I couldn't agree more. On episode 2 or 3 I was like wait a second thats krillins voice, but sooooooo much better. I would not have thought to choose him for koro sensei but dang if its not just about perfect. Overall I cant say that I have any complaints about the voice acting.

LOVING this show!

• When I was reading the manga, I was imagining mainly Sgt. Frog (Keroro Gunso) voices, for example:
    Korosensei : Todd Haberkorn (sgt. frog)
    Nagisa : Leah Clark (fuyuki)
    Kaede Kayano : Carrie Savage (angol mois)
    Terasaka : Chris Sabat
    …. and as for the voice of Karasama, well this sort of ties into another Karasama, but Brandon Potter, who voices Kenji Harima of School Rumble...although Paul Dobson (Naraku of Inuyasha) would have done fine, too.
    Overall, though, I think the cast that was chosen is good, and some are really great, but as I said in the other thread, Shiro needs a snobbier voice..., and I will add that the principle needs to sound more evil....well, I think it calls for a deeper voice, to be more specific like David Kaye does Sesshoumaru in Inuyasha.

• So I just finished episode 22 and where is 23 lol I want to see more dang it lol

• @okingofkings:

So I just finished episode 22 and where is 23 lol I want to see more dang it lol

FUNimation just got the rights to season 2! We'll be seeing more in 2016!