Anime vs manga (possible spoilers for non-manga readers)

• does anyone know where the show is going in relation to the manga? don't remember the recent spirit world arc poppin up. granted, i've only read what i could find off crunchyroll, so i may have missed it.

• spirit world was filler. show is going back to cannon material now

• @Getchman:

spirit world was filler. show is going back to cannon material now

Actually, now it's doing episodes based on extra manga chapters, plus a couple of episodes based on a short Fairy Tail novel. It should be returning to the main storyline this April.

Here's how it looks currently:

Episode 221: An anime original episode (February 21)
    Episode 222: An episode based on an omake called "Fairy Woman" about Erza becoming a costumed superhero (February 28)
    Episodes 223-225(?): A mini arc based on an FT novel about a guild exchange program and some fuzzy creature thing (March 7-21)
    Episode 226: An episode based on a soon-to-be-released omake called "Fairy Tail of the Dead" (March 28)

• @immblueversion:

Episode 222: An episode based on an omake called "Fairy Woman" about Erza becoming a costumed superhero (February 28)
    Episodes 223-225(?): A mini arc based on an FT novel about a guild exchange program and some fuzzy creature thing (March 7-21)

where can i find these? i don't like missing out on things that i later find out to be easily available (then there's the fact that getting a copy of the magazine it's in isn't a viable option).

• @gruffen2:

where can i find these? i don't like missing out on things that i later find out to be easily available (then there's the fact that getting a copy of the magazine it's in isn't a viable option).

Just look up "Fairy Woman" on Google. Not only that, but it looks like the episode will also be adapting "Mira-sensei's Transformation Magic Class", so look that up as well.

As for the novel, I'm afraid no copy exists outside of Japan, and no one seems to have posted a translation online. What I do know is that there are some low-quality scans of illustrations from the novel drawn by Hiro Mashima himself, but you'd be hard-pressed to find them. The title is "Each Day After the Grand Magic Games", or something along those lines, and it's actually the second of two novels (the first was neither released to the West nor adapted for the anime).