Restore fullscreen mode and volume when moving to next episode

• It would be nice if, when moving to the next episode (either by pressing the next episode button in the player or clicking on the next episode pop-up at the end), if the fullscreen and volume settings were maintained.

So, if you're watching an episode fullscreen with the volume set to max and you move to the next episode, it stays fullscreen at max volume.

This is only a mild inconvenience, but still would be nice. It is the most cumbersome on displays that don't have enough height to show the fullscreen/volume controls without scrolling down when the player page loads (not a problem for most displays but a problem for e.g. many projectors). On my projector, for example, at the end of every episode the process every time between episodes is:

1. Scroll down the page a bit
    2. Start playback so the playback control shows
    3. Reset volume
    4. Enter fullscreen mode

Having it remember these settings would make moving to the next episode much more seamless and less disruptive.

Thanks!

• This sounds like something that should be doable. The player already remembers previous language and video quality settings, so I don't see why it couldn't also remember volume.

I can ask about full screen when we look into continous play. I'm not sure if it will be possible.

Thanks!

• Yes, please add this feature (remembering volume settings). On my machine Funimation's sound level is significantly different (lower) from my other apps, so I have to adjust it to max volume to make the video watchable. But since it doesn't remember my volume settings I have to manually adjust it every time a new video loads. This has proven to be an annoyance especially when I'm watching it in my living room, or having a meal.

@Sophie:

This sounds like something that should be doable. The player already remembers previous language and video quality settings, so I don't see why it couldn't also remember volume.

I can ask about full screen when we look into continous play. I'm not sure if it will be possible.

Thanks!

• Both features have been approved to be worked on. ^_^ They will be subscriber-only features and will work similarly to how the video player remembers language and quality settings.

• When will this be implemented?

• @naruto-chan:

When will this be implemented?

Interested in this as well. I've been looking all over for a volume fix for a while now - found this thread finally!

• @naruto-chan:

When will this be implemented?

No ETA, I'm afraid, but we'll announce it when it is ready.

• It'd be especially keen if this could be expedited. It's been a bit over four months.. There are also other features you would greatly benefit from. For example, auto-play, auto-next, preserve full-screen mode between episodes, keyboard shortcuts (skip forward/back, pause, previous/next episode) etc. It pains me to admit but coming from Crunchyroll I'm spoiled. They've been stinking on ice lately with quality issues otherwise I'd not be here. Having to tweak settings between each episode gets old very quickly. Setting aside the various 'play conveniences' mentioned above, remembering volume levels between episodes is so common a feature it's a bit mind boggling Funimation doesn't already support it. Considering every one of your competitors (Daisuki, Frost, Crunchy, not to mention oh.. youtube, netflix, amazon prime, hulu, and every other streaming video site there is) already support it. Any chance you could light a fire under whoever should have already implemented this?

• Preaching to the choir, my friend. The video player enhancement batch has been expedited as much as it can be. It should be one of the next development sprints, but I still don't have a good ETA quite yet. Most of the work has already been done in lower environments. It just needs to be tested and then deployed to Production.

• Just more hulls from the peanut gallery.

It would be fantastic if the player could get some updates. In another couple of months it will be a year since the original post.