Shows You Would Like FUNimation to Continue

• Have you ever been in that agonizing situation when you are addicted to an anime on FUNimation and without warning, the show suddenly stops? That feeling is more painful than stepping on 10,000 LEGOs.

If you have been through that kind of pain, post your favorite show that was interrupted in the comments below, and maybe FUNimation will continue to release more episodes of said show! (Unlikely, but a person can dream.)

Please do not suggest Detective Conan/Case Closed. FUNimation has (unfortunately) stated that they will no longer be continuing the dub. Any comments that do suggest that show will only be seen as spam and deleted by me or a moderator. Whichever comes first.

Thanks for reading and happy posting!

~Gamer Goku

Requesting sticky thread (Can I do that?)

• I'm not exactly sure what your getting at with this thread.

It seems as though you're asking for titles of shows that you want FUNimation to "make/create/continue." In which case, it has been stated ad nauseam that FUNi doesn't actually make the anime. They license it (get permission from the Japanese overlords to sell it here on their behalf)

If on the other hand, you are wanting a list of titles that you wish FUNi would finish dubbing, then that's a different story, and a rather short list.

• Right… Let's go through that list, shall we?

These are all the titles that FUNimation either licensed or rescued from other companies that are currently "incomplete" (borrowed from The Fandom Post):

• .hack: The 2012 film, .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni, has not been licensed. The .hack//Legend of the Twilight Offline Meeting Special hasn't been released.
    • Ah! My Goddess: The two TV series were released by Media Blasters/ADV/FUNimation, but the subsequent OVAs have not been licensed.
    • Air Gear: While the TV series was released in full, the Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori -Break on the Sky- OVA series has not been released.
    • Aquarion: FUNimation has released the two TV series, but the compilation movie and spinoff OVA have not been released.
    • Attack on Titan: The recap episodes were omitted from FUNimation's DVD/Blu-ray release.
    • Banner of the Stars: The first two TV series were released on DVD by Bandai, but the OVA, Banner of the Stars III, and the compilation films have not seen a release.
    • Big Windup!: Funimation released the first season on DVD, but the second TV series has not been licensed.
    • Black Lagoon: FUNimation's release of seasons 1 & 2 are missing the Blu-ray shorts. Their release of Roberta's Blood Trail is also missing the animated shorts.
    • Blood-C: The Blood-C: Special Edition two recaps episodes, shown in the lead up to the Last Dark movie, haven't been released by FUNimation.
    • Case Closed (Detective Conan): FUNimation has only released the first 123 episodes of the ongoing TV series. In addition, only the first six films have been released.
    • (A) Certain Magical Index: The Index-tan Specials were not featured on FUNimation's releases.
    • (A) Certain Scientific Railgun: The Motto Marutto Railgun were not featured on FUNimation's releases. Also, the two short artbook-bundled episodes (one for Railgun, and another for Railgun S) are not released in the US, but also neither is the full-length episode OVA that came between the two series.
    • Crayon Shin-Chan: FUNimation has only adapted the first three seasons for the English market.
    • Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: The recap episodes 8.5 and 17.5. haven't been released. The Special Edition Black Rebellion recap OVA hasn't been released even though it was dubbed. The R2 Special Edition Zero Requiem recap OVA hasn't been released. The Nunnally in Wonderland OVA hasn't been released.
    • Cowboy Bebop: The TV special Session XX: Mish-Mash Blues, has never had an official home video release anywhere, even in Japan.
    • Dance in the Vampire Bund: Episode 7.5 recap was not included on FUNimation's release.
    • D. Gray Man: FUNimation only released the first 51 episodes of this 103 episode series on DVD. Only the first 26 were released on Blu-ray.
    • Dragon Ball: The two DB safety specials, Goku's Traffic Safety and Goku's Firefighting Regiment, and the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans have not been released. Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! was included with the LE Japanese release of Battle of Gods, but not over here. We also never got a standalone release of the remade Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans or Episode of Bardock outside of being included with certain games released over here.
    • Eureka Seven: Episode 51 alternate ending special wasn't included on either of the Bandai or FUNimation sets, and neither was the Ray=out Recap special.
    • Fafner: The Sōkyū no Fafner - Single Program - Right of Left- (special) has not seen a release.
    • Fullmetal Alchemist: 'Reflections' Recap Special is missing from the FUNimation DVD releases.
    • Future Diary: The OVA episode "Data Migration", which serves as the official ending to the series, was not included in FUNimation's release.
    • (The) Galaxy Railways: First series released by FUNimation on DVD. Sequel series The Galaxy Railways: Eternal Divergence and The Galaxy Railways: A Letter from the Abandoned Planet OVA have not been licensed.
    • Haganai: Short OVA episode preceeding the first season was never released.
    • Heaven's Lost Property: The second film, Sora no Otoshimono Final: Eternal My Master, has not been licensed.
    • Hellsing: The Dawn: FUNimation only released the first OVA episode on their first Hellsing Ultimate release. The remaining two have not been licensed.
    • High School DxD: 2 OVAs from Season 1, I'm Harvesting Breasts! and I'm Searching for Breasts!, have not been released.
    • Initial D: The Fifth and Final Stage, plus Extra Stage 2: Tabidachi no Green and both Battle Stage OVAs haven't been released. The rest is available on DVD via FUNimation.
    • Kaleido Star: The "Good dayo! Goood!!" OVA is still missing a US release.
    • Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple: While FUNimation released all of the TV series on DVD, the OVA series, Shijō Saikyō no Deshi Kenichi, has not seen a release.
    • Kiddy Grade: The three Kiddy Grade movies, which are a recompilation of the series with a few new scenes, plus the TV series, Kiddy Girl-and, have not been released.
    • Kodacha: FUNimation only released the first 51 episodes of this 102 episode series on DVD before dropping the title. None of the other entries in the franchise were released.
    • Kyo Kara Maoh!: Geneon/FUNimation only released the first two seasons of this show on DVD. Its third season and OVA have not seen a release.
    • Moonlight Mile: Only the first season was released on DVD via ADV/FUNimation. The second season, Moonlight Mile 2nd Season - Touch Down, has not seen a release.
    • One Piece: FUNimation has not released any of the crossover episodes. Only three of the movies have been released in the US, but the rest have been released sub-only in Australia.
    • Pani Poni Dash!: OVA episode was never released.
    • Rumbling Hearts: FUNimation only released the TV series on DVD. The OVA and spinoffs have not been released.
    • Sakura Wars (Sakura Taisen): ADV released the first two OVAs & the TV series (the latter of which Sentai re-released years ago), Pioneer released the movie (which FUNimation recently re-released) & FUNimation released Sumire & Ecole de Paris. Neither of them ever licensed Le Nouveau Paris & New York NY.
    • School Rumble: The OVA series, School Rumble San Gakki, has not been licensed.
    • Senran Kagura: FUNimation's release omitted the 6 mini OVA episodes.
    • Sgt. Frog: FUNimation has only released the first 78 episodes of this 358 episode series on DVD.
    • Shuffle!: Shuffle! was released on DVD by FUNimation, but Shuffle! Memories, which is a recap of the original series with an all-new episode, never was.
    • Strike Witches: The OVA that was made before the first TV series was never licensed by FUNimation.
    • Tenchi Muyo!: The Ai Tenchi Muyo shorts are unlicensed, in addition to the animated sound files. The Tenchi in Tokyo omake shorts have not been released.
    • Toriko: FUNimation released the first 50 episodes of this 147 episode series on DVD, but has currently stalled the release.
    • Utawarerumono: The 3 episode OVA spinoff has not been released.
    • When They Cry (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni): Only the first season was released by Geneon/Funimation on DVD. Its sequel TV series, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, and subsequent OVA installments have not seen a release in America. However, a complete DVD set of Kai was released in Australia. The OVAs have not been licensed in English anywhere, however.
    • xxxHOLiC: FUNimation has only released the first season on DVD and the feature film on DVD/Blu-ray. Its sequel TV series, xxxHOLiC: Kei, and subsequent OVAs have not seen a release.

That should just about sum it up, don't you think?

EDIT: You know what? I think this list deserves it's own thread. Let me create a new one and sticky it up when I have the time.

• Er… I was speaking in sarcasm there. No need to show me up or anything.

• Nothing personal, David. Honestly I've been meaning to do a list like this for a while now.

• I'm wondering if OVAs should count, since many times they are stand alone, and not always relevant to a specific season of anime. A case in point would be the Strike Witches OVA… it was godawful, and not something that should ever see the light of day.

Though from a completionist point of view, I could understand why they would matter. Since they are part of the franchise.

TO me the most relevant anime are the ones that were dropped flat-out mid way through like, xxxHolic and Kodocha.

• I wish they would license/dub xxxholic kei. It is so good :( How much does is cost to license an anime anyway? Maybe I can save up and buy it for them lol

• @Josher:

:( How much does is cost to license an anime anyway? Maybe I can save up and buy it for them lol

varies depending on the show, but your probably looking at something around $130,000

• I vote for:
    D.Gray-man (Funimation needs to release the 2nd half)
    Kodocha (Same here, needs it's second half released)
    Future Diary (They really need the Redial OVA stat)
    Initial D (Funi needs to pick up Stage 5 and Final Stage)
    Kenichi (They need the OVA series)
    Moonlight Mile (They Need Season 2: Touchdown)
    Rumbling Hearts (They need Next Season OVA for an alternate Haruka end.)
    XXXHolic (They need XXXHolic: Kei at least that show was way better than season 1)

• @Kruszer:

I vote for:
    D.Gray-man (Funimation needs to release the 2nd half)
    Kodocha (Same here, needs it's second half released)
    Future Diary (They really need the Redial OVA stat)
    Initial D (Funi needs to pick up Stage 5 and Final Stage)
    Kenichi (They need the OVA series)
    Moonlight Mile (They Need Season 2: Touchdown)
    Rumbling Hearts (They need Next Season OVA for an alternate Haruka end.)
    XXXHolic (They need XXXHolic: Kei at least that show was way better than season 1)

Future Diary? There's still a chance that they'll include the OVA on the upcoming bluray re-release (albeit a slim one).

Kenichi? Maybe some day, but it's a long shot.

All the others underperformed horribly for FUNi, so there's really no chance we'll be seeing the rest of them unless another company rescues them. Some of those shows FUNimation doesn't even own the rights for anymore. :hmm:

• This post is deleted!

• @Davidism:

TO me the most relevant anime are the ones that were dropped flat-out mid way through like, xxxHolic and Kodocha.

I'm still not sure how that show failed to do well here. Maybe if it had gotten on TV somewhere like Nick or Disney channel. A few small changes in the dub (I.E. Sana calling her agent, her pimp) would have made it perfectly acceptable to a wider audience.

• The only one I can think of is the rest of Hell Girl. I know Sentai has the sub version, but I want a dub with the original cast.

• i really hope that Shuffle! memories gets dubbed and put on FUNimation!

• I was going to say, I'm not sure about the continue part… I know they can't willy nilly decide that... but...

As for license and dubbing it... Pet Girl of Sakara Hall is one I would love to see dubbed.

Admittedly though the JP dub crew is really good in that one... so Funi would have to bring their A-game.

• @Phoenixus:

As for license and dubbing it… Pet Girl of Sakara Hall is one I would love to see dubbed.

sentai has that. they did not dub it