2015 Anime Villains Tournament - Character Nominations Thread

• It is what it is, and if anyone has questions this is what I've done each time with the tournament. I don't profess to know everything about anime so of course I need help with characters to fill out the roster.

I am aiming for either 128 or 256 total depending on how many nominations I get. As I've done with the previous tournaments I already have 20 automatic qualifiers thanks to the video that inspired this idea in the first place. For those that don't want to watch the video or just don't have the time (it is pretty long after all) I'll list the automatic qualifiers here.

Johan Liebert - Monster (2010 Champion)
    Legato Bluesummers - Trigun
    Light Yagami - Death Note
    Sosuke Aizen - Bleach
    Ladd Russo - Baccano! (2014 Champion)
    Griffith - Berserk
    Makoto Shishio - Rurouni Kenshin
    Shinobu Sensui - Yu Yu Hakusho
    Frieza - Dragonball Z (2011 Champion)
    The Major - Hellsing Ultimate
    Gankutsuou - Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
    Dio Brando - Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
    Darcia The Third - Wolf's Rain
    Nakago - Fushigi Yuugi
    Akio Ohtori - Revolutionary Girl Utena
    Gauron - Full Metal Panic
    Chouji Suitengu - Speed Grapher
    Vicious - Cowboy Bebop
    Hellmaster Phibrizzo - Slayers Next
    Queen Delphine Eraclea - Last Exile

So yeah… have at it folks, this thread will be open for nominations possibly until the end of this month. A long time but hopefully it won't be necessary.

Only a couple of rules for nominations here:

• Each person can not suggest more than 15 villains
      ** This is for the sake one one person not overwhelming the nominations list.
    • Each person can only suggest 1 individual villain per anime
      ** You can't nominate groups, Team Rocket for example, but you could pick Jesse, James, or Meowth
      ** You can't just pick all the villains from the same show or franchise. If you nominate Frieza, then you can't also throw in Cell and/or Majin Buu.

To make things clear, just because I say that an individual can not suggest more than one character from the same series or franchise does not mean that it applies to the final group of participants for the tournament. Who makes the final cut for the 128 (or 256) depends on who gets nominated and how many times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAnqATOUns
    ^ Promo video from the 2011 tournament (thanks to Gyt Kaliba), new one to be made, maybe…
    EDIT - Slight revision, I increased the nomination limit to 15, hopefully that helps.

• Shogo Makishima - PsychoPass
    Wrath - Fullmetal Alchemist

That's all I can think of right now, but I'll just come back and edit this post when I think of more.

• Other than a few that already qualify:

Lordgenome - Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
    Millenium Earl - D.Gray-man
    Gouda Kazundo - Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig
    Schneizel el Britannia - Code Geass
    Harry McDowell - Gungrave

• Diva - Blood+
    Wrath - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (specifically)
    Kirei Kotomine - Fate/stay night
    Miyo Takano - Higurashi When They Cry
    Drosselmeyer - Princess Tutu
    Ragyo Kiryuin - Kill la Kill
    Female Titan - Attack on Titan
    Medusa - Soul Eater
    The Rail Tracer - Baccano!
    Izaya Orihara - Durarara!!

• My nominations are pretty much the same as last year with a few changes:

1. Yujiro Hanma - Baki the Grappler
    2. Tenzen - Basilisk
    3. Raoh - Fist of the North Star
    4. Lil' Slugger - Paranoia Agent
    5. Crystal Boy - Space Adventure Cobra
    6. Baron Ashura - Mazinger Z
    7. Natasha Radinov - Gunsmith Cats
    8. Jake Martinez - Tiger & Bunny
    9. Love Machine - Summer Wars
    10. Makoto Waltz Segai - Guilty Crown

I would've nominated Kyubey and Crocodile too, but I'm pretty sure someone else will get them before too long.

EDIT: I noticed CostlyAxis had already nominated Harry, so I swapped him out for Baron Ashura. Ya know, for the lulz. :P

• Devil Homura - Madoka Magica: Rebellion
    Ryoko Asakura - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Caster - Fate/Zero
    Envy - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Kid Buu - Dragon Ball Z
    Anemone - Eureka Seven
    Yuno Gasai - The Future Diary
    Misa Amane - Death Note
    Knives - Trigun
    Nui Harime - Kill la Kill

Heh, most of my female villains are yanderés.

• Villain thread? i'M SO THERE…...or here. Whatever, LET EVIL REIGN!!!

1. Elder Toguro- Yu Yu Hakusho. This slimy weasel is behind a great deal of the evils Yusuke & Co. face throughout the series and, unlike his younger sibling, has ZERO redeeming qualities. An evil bastard through and through.

2. Cell- Dragon Ball Z. While Frieza wanted power and Buu was a monster, Cell is the mirror of our heroes. He has all their skills and has a similar goal of wanting to simply be the best except he'll take it by any means necessary. Also, his perfect form design is menacing as hell.

3. Yujiro Hanma- Baki the Grappler. Here is a monster. His utter disdain for life and blood thirst is completely contemptible. Then there's what he does to his wife and son which I shall not spoil here but look him up and you'll understand why me & SpacemanHardy nominated him.

4. Dio Beando- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Now HERE is a villain. He's not complex or thought provoking. He is pure evil in every way. The scum of the Earth that needs to be purged. He shouldn't be liked at all and yet it's because he is so utterly and completely a villain that he is so intriguing. It makes you wonder how such a being could even exist. A benchmark villainous creation.

5. Hordy Jones- One Piece. Not gonna lie, picking just ONE villain from One Piece is a chore in and of itself. But of all the great villains from the series, NONE has drawn my personal contempt more than Hordy Jones. Every other villain in the series has some kind of motivation. To gain power or money or something tangible like that. Not Hordy Jones. Hordy Jones is a being of pure, unfiltered, unadulterated HATE. He is, for all intents and purposes, a Nazi with scales and gills. He is a race supremacist that even puts the precious fishman villain, Arlong to shame. His crimes are so large and grand, they set Fishman Island's international relations back by DECADES. A truly horrid creature.

6. Light Yagami- Death Note. Do i even need to explain? A self righteous brat with a MASSIVE superiority complex that hides under the guise of "justice". That said, he does make you question the concept of justice but he still has a god complex so big, it makes Lex Luthor go "Dude, take a chill pill."

7. Myotismon- Digimon. Certainly not the most evil villain on my list but damn, if he didn't leave an impact all the same. His cruelty is matched only by his inability to die. His evil is so grand that it covered both Adventure series.

8. Tommyrod- Toriko. The first major villain of Toriko certainly leaves an impression. He is a sadistic madman who enjoys torturing his prey. His actions aren't the worst in the world of anime but he more than makes up for it in attitude and general creepiness.

9. Chouji Suitengu- Speed Grapher. Not gonna lie, I TOTALLY forgot about this guy until LuckySeven mentioned him. That said, he deserves recognition. A man who's revenge trip is so sweeping, he's willing to devastate an entire country's economy to do it. If anything, he certainly has ambition. Add in his cruelty and normally unflinching nature and you have one hell of a villain.

10. Marik Ishtar- Yu-Gi-Oh. A particularly evil person on his own as it is, willing to brainwash and sacrifice others for his own gain,Yami Marik is somehow even WORSE. Even to the point that he almost killed his sister, Ishizu. A pretty deplorable person that somehow managed to redeem themselves if only because their demons were even darker.

• 1. Luna - Casshern Sins
    2. Madame Marciano - Coyote Ragtime Show
    3. Cain Nightroad - Trinity Blood
    4. Creed Diskenth - Black Cat
    5. Asagami Fujino - Garden of Sinners
    6. Precia Testarossa - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
    7. Laura - RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne
    8. Byaku - Kekkaishi
    9. Naraku - InuYasha
    10. Aion - Chrono Crusade

• Nice to see you Bigman. ^_^

• Beatrice - Umineko no naku koro ni

One of the greatest female antagonists in the past decade IMO. Easily. Umineko isn't super well-known (tho it should be), so I don't expect her to make it far, but I feel I should enter her regardless.

Others include:

Ali Al-Saachez - Gundam 00

Nadeko Sengoku - Monogatari

Tohru Adachi - Persona 4: The Animation

Hansel and Gretel - Black Lagoon (I know it's sorta cheating to have both of them, but I believe they're only really good when they're together. If not, just put in Gretel.)

Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa: The Animation

Misogi Kumagawa - Medaka Box

Dark Bakura - Yu-Gi-Oh

Suigintou - Rozen Maiden

D-Reaper - Digimon Tamers

If I think of any more I'll add them here. Or maybe I'll just make a new post.

EDIT: Cut Dewey Novak in favor of Suigintou. Hopefully someone else puts him in.

• ^ Ya kinda broke the rules there, Heaven. You're not supposed to include more than one villain per series, and you're also only supposed to list a maximum of 10. :hmm:

• ^Yeah, I mostly fixed it a while ago. I'll cut off one more in a little while.

• Hoping these are ones I haven't seen mentioned already.

Meruem - Hunter x Hunter
    Dio Brando - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    Roberta - Black Lagoon
    Kirei Kotomine - Fate/Zero
    Major - Hellsing Ultimate
    Medusa Gorgon - Soul Eater
    Toguro Brothers - Yu Yu Hakusho

• @classyspartan:

Hoping these are ones I haven't seen mentioned already.

Meruem - Hunter x Hunter
    Roberta - Black Lagoon
    Shogo Makashima - Psycho Pass
    Kirei Kotomine - Fate/Zero
    Medusa Gorgon - Soul Eater
    Toguro Brothers - Yu Yu Hakusho

Re-edited to remove the ones that were already default upon reading original post.

• Really pumped for the tournament. I kind of just picked some people who no one had yet nominated.

Chrollo Lucifer- Hunter x Hunter
    Gilgamesh- Fate/series
    Crocodile- One Piece
    Takasugi Shinsuke- Gintama
    Berg Katse- Gatchaman Crowds
    Cain Dressel- Valvrave the Liberator
    Byakuran- Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    Judar- Magi
    Sanetoshi- Mawaru Penguindrum
    Squealer- From the New World

• @Heavenspiercing:

Hansel and Gretel - Black Lagoon (I know it's sorta cheating to have both of them, but I believe they're only really good when they're together. If not, just put in Gretel.)

Given the nature of how things went in that show they were indistinguishable and inseparable, …well aside from getting killed off separately. Quite literally just personalities that they regularly switched places as right down to the sound of their voice.

Besides, I did allow them in as a single entry in the last tournament and I don't really remember any complaints. Also probably the only ones I'll make this exception for.

• Decided to swap out Kurogasa from Kenshin and replace him with Anemone. I'm actually kind of surprised she wasn't one of the early nominations - can't have a villains tournament without her :)

• Let's see here, after a couple of days postings and removing all the duplicate names names I could find, we're sitting at 97 entrants so far.

• I can think of a bunch more, if you like.

• Let's try and add a few more in here that I can try and think of

Naraku - Inuyasha
    Madara Uchiha - Naruto
    Akainu - One Piece
    Father - FMA Brotherhood
    Annie Leonhart - Attack on Titan
    Love Machine - Summer Wars
    Lelouch Lamperouge - Code Geass
    Zeref - Fairy Tail
    Amaimon - Blue Exorcist
    Anti-Spiral - Gurren Lagann
    Ragyo Kiryuin - Kill la Kill
    Asura - Soul Eater

• So you don't mind if we start throwing out some extras? There's still plenty of time for other folks to nominate, but at the very least I can start thinking of some more to add.

@classyspartan:

Annie Leonhart - Attack on Titan

Depending on how Lucky wants to do things, we could handle FT/Annie similar to Wrath (FMAB) from previous years and have both names listed or just list one or the other.