Watching Spice and Wolf and loving it.

• Thank you SpacemanHardy for the recommendation.

I'm watching this show, and I can't help but draw parallels to one of my all-time favorite high fantasy book series. Does anyone else think that the initial relationship between Lawrence and Holo is kind of similar to the early part of Silk and Garion's friendship from David Eddings's The Belgariad series? Well, Silk and Garion didn't have any sexual tension, but all the "tricks of the trade" conversations remind me a great deal of those two, which of course leads me to view the show with this lovely nostalgic glow.

I love Holo's real form. She's quite a beautiful wolf.

• Glad you like it. ^_^

This one was a big hit back in the days of the Desu-Des Brigade. A lot of people loved it for the earthy aesthetic and the focus on commerce and economics. Personally, I mainly remember it for this part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLyaGhSIqp4

By the way, here's a fun drinking game to play while you're watching it. The rules are simple:

1. Take a shot every time Holo gets naked.
    2. Take a shot every time Holo compliments herself.
    3. Take a shot every time Holo eats or drinks something.

You'll get shit-faced within the first few episodes. ~_^

Also, as a non-necessary but still rather fun rule, every time someone starts talking about math or economics, shout out "REAGANOMICS!!!". It's even better when you're watching the show in a room full of friends.

• Hell, I'd get shit-faced within the first episode! LOL!

I love it because it's both entertaining and intelligent. So far, it seems nothing is wasted. I'm only 8 episodes in, though.

There's something about the apples. I don't know why, but I feel they will probably be important later. We'll see.