Obtrusive, Disruptive Pop up Ads Android Free Mobile App.

• On the funimation, android free mobile app, there is a very misleading advertisement that displays quite often enough to hinder users from using the app.

The ad is a Full-Page pop up ad misleading Android users to download an app off the Android Play store order to use the Funimation app. The ad tells users they are unable to use the funimation app because of "low memory". Then the ad proceeds to instruct the issue to "click the link" to fix the problem. When clicked, the user is then sent to the Play store to download some random app.

The ad posses another problem in that it pops up on EVERY page visited on funimation app. It even pops up while watching a video rendering funimation app useless. While watching a video, the ad will pop up. I'll close it and the video as was watching restarts back to the beginning. This will happen over and over again. Can't watch any videos because of the fact.

FUNI you need to look into this asap.

• I actually JUST ran into this investigating another ticket and was writing up an e-mail about it to our development team! I'll get back with you as soon as I hear back.

• Oh, hey– are you on a Kindle, or on a different Android device?

• Android mobile phone. (LG)

• Thank you!

I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back. The Free app should have banner ads, but this ad's pretty irritating. >_<

• I'm now unable to reproduce.

Are you still seeing this issue?

• @CJ:

I'm now unable to reproduce.

Are you still seeing this issue?

Yes. It's an ad for "King social games for Android" now. Sometimes it pops up every few minutes. Sometimes it pops up every few seconds. I close it, and it opens, and I close it, and it opens again. That's unreasonable. It even pops up over other apps while Funimation is in the background. Four times it popped up while I was typing this post!

• I too have had the very same issue with banner ads popping every few seconds, even during video playback. It is quite irritating.

• @broadwayuserguy:

I too have had the very same issue with banner ads popping every few seconds, even during video playback. It is quite irritating.

Same here. The ad pops up in the middle of a video and then the video restarts. The ad could pop up due to a certain amount of times you touch the touchscreen since it also pops up when I scroll.