Wtf

• this is bs why do i pay for funemation subscription if i have to watch a show with [expletive deleted] tons of adds on hulu nice going funemation Toriko may be a good show but i wouldst recommend it to anyone who likes watching anime without adds [pirate site deleted] is getting you beat in this department big time and it is free

EDIT: Please do not post F-bombs or the names of illegal streaming sites on the forums. -SH

• It's more than likely one of the licensing stipulations from Toei. They're kooky like that. :hmm:

I can assure you, though, that the vast majority of titles on the site are ad-free for subscribers.

• There are a few shows that, as per our arrangements with our licensors, we are unable to show without commercial interruption.

Toriko is one of those shows.

These shows and their episodes are not counted in any number of shows or episode counts for our subscription services.

• If you have Crunchyroll they have it in HD and commercial free.
    It really seems like Funi got the short end of their deal with Toei on this.

• @CJ:

There are a few shows that, as per our arrangements with our licensors, we are unable to show without commercial interruption.

Toriko is one of those shows.

These shows and their episodes are not counted in any number of shows or episode counts for our subscription services.

can i ask if there part 5 will be here soon?

i cant wait :(

• @starjun:

can i ask if there part 5 will be here soon?

i cant wait :(

^ I'm afraid you're going to be waiting for a long time. FUNimation has pretty much dropped Toriko at episode 50 and have no further plans to continue with the home release.

Add it to the list of shows like Case Closed and D. Gray-man that will sadly never get a full dubbed release on DVD here in the States. T_T

• @SpacemanHardy:

^ I'm afraid you're going to be waiting for a long time. FUNimation has pretty much dropped Toriko at episode 50 and have no further plans to continue with the home release.

Add it to the list of shows like Case Closed and D. Gray-man that will sadly never get a full dubbed release on DVD here in the States. T_T

do you know for certain they dropped it?
    toriko is one of the most famous ant anticipated manga each week alongside bleach,one piece and nanatsu no tazai

and many dub fans are waiting for part 5

idk why they would drop it :c they should advertise it as much like fairy tail

• no official confirmation on being dropped, just no current plans for more of the show. I believe that was said on one of ANNs podcasts with funi employees as guests, but at the moment, I don't remember which one

• @starjun:

do you know for certain they dropped it?

It hasn't been officially confirmed, but it's heavily implied. Whenever FUNi's PR people are asked about it at cons and on podcasts, they give the blanket answer of "No current plans at this time," which these days is usually a polite way of saying "We're done with the show."

@starjun:

toriko is one of the most famous ant anticipated manga each week alongside bleach,one piece and nanatsu no tazai

The manga, sure. The TV series? Not so much. There are more than a few people who felt that it was a bad and unfaithful adaptation of the source material.

@starjun:

and many dub fans are waiting for part 5

idk why they would drop it :c they should advertise it as much like fairy tail

Because quite honestly, it sold like shit. :hmm:

The show's concept is an extremely odd one for most North American viewers to swallow (no pun intended), even for many seasoned anime fans. Most people over in this side of the world would rather watch more straight-forward shonen stuff like DBZ or Fairy Tail or moe-moe slice of life shows than a show that is, for all intents and purposes, about food. Add to that the previously mentioned changes from the manga as well as some serious animation and budget issues in many episodes, and you end up with a show that honestly just never caught on over here in America. To be frank, I'm actually very surprised the show even got dubbed in the first place, and while I would certainly like to see more, I'm content with the 50 episodes that we got.

So yeah, stick a fork in this one. Toriko's goose is cooked.

• I still think it needs to be picked back up along with D.grayman hopefully coming out in 2016. i Would really like to see some movement on the dubbing of animes that have been dropped especially seeing anime is just getting more popular.

• Really hulu?

• I would love to see more Toriko as well. Tried getting into the subbed version but it just didn't work. Maybe they should do like some big poll and make a goal number before they make a true and final answer. Example: a goal of 100,000 fans saying they want more then if they reach this goal, make more!! It should always be in the fans' interest especially when it is said fans' that are spending their hard earned money on the product.

• ^ that's never gonna happen

• @lalab:

spending their hard earned money on the product.

But they weren't.
    Or at least, not enough of them to be worthwhile.