Funimation Improving Website to be more User Friendly
One improvement I think funimation needs is an overhaul on the website. I know this is a process that will take some time and alot of effort. As i have tried to get more friends to use funi as well as my gf, I see the majority of the dumber ones stray away from becoming a subscriber because they say its too hard. This is not a troll post. I myself don't have a hard time but i understand that for dumber people and just to expand the funi audience improvements could be made. One idea is to take ideas from how crunchyroll has their website structured. On the main page you could have the forums along with categorys on the side. When your signed in and want to add shows to your que the current system has a drop down menu and just has the show name unless you go to the main page. This is a bad idea. More information needs to be there or a link to the main page where all the show titles and description at least are available. Also there needs to be more control on your que. Such as allowing the user to switch positions of shows in que. At least have a button allowing us to put a show in the front of the que.
One improvement I think funimation needs is an overhaul on the website.
Thanks. An overhaul is planned, and I have noted your specific layout suggestions.
When your signed in and want to add shows to your que the current system has a drop down menu and just has the show name unless you go to the main page. This is a bad idea. More information needs to be there or a link to the main page where all the show titles and description at least are available.
I don't think it's a bad idea since that menu is more of a convenience really. It's there if you already know what you want to add and don't want to go to www.funimation.com/shows to do it. However, I do agree with you that we should change up the instructional text and include a link to /shows. Thanks!
Also there needs to be more control on your que. Such as allowing the user to switch positions of shows in que. At least have a button allowing us to put a show in the front of the que.
This feature is already on the Queue. Change your sort to "Custom". Then move your mouse over the up and down arrow that is to the left of a show in your Queue. Then click and drag the Show to the desired position. The arrows will not appear if you have your Queue sorted by anything other than "Custom". I can add some instructional text to help with this.
I think funimation need to rethink there website layout. its very frustrating that when Im trying to find out how many dubbed episodes there are i have to scroll down throw there tiny box on and keep clicking on each one to find out if they are or not. plus your website keeps freazing my computer or i have to debug the script and my computer is only about 3 months old. i would use your app but it sometimes crashes and by sometime i mean every time on my xbox one and computer. i have a full access pass for a few years and i really dont know why iv watch maybe two episodes in the past month because its so frustrating dealing with your website and app. if anyone know of any other websites to watch dubbed anime on post it please. thanks
The website will be updated to a brand new layout that should be launching some time this year. To get help with the Xbox One app, please contact us at www.funimation.com/support.
There are a few ways to tell if an episode or movie is dubbed or not without actually clicking on it.
First, your Queue:
This way is actually the easiest and the best for any show no matter how many episodes it has.
1. Click on the arrow above your username to expand the header.
2. Click on "My Profile". This will take you to your Queue.
3. If you don't have One Piece in your Queue, you can actually add it to your Queue from here, which is something no other service offers. Enter "one piece" into the white field. You'll see it appear as an option, so click on it. It will be added to the bottom of your Queue. If you're Queue is big, that's OK. Just type "One Piece" into the Queue search field, and it will appear.
5. Now, click on "View all videos". A modal will appear with a scrolling list of alllll the One Piece episodes. Scroll through the list, and you'll see which episodes have a dub and which ones only have a sub. This option is the best one for any show, but especially ones with a ton of episodes, like One Piece.
1. Go to www.funimation.com/search
2. Let's use a Broadcast Dub as an example. Enter "servamp" into the search bar. You'll see some results in a Videos carousel. Below each video will be "Sub" and "Dub". This tells you which of the episodes of Servamp are dubbed. To see the full list, click "View All".
3. After clicking "View All", you'll be on the Videos tab of search and will see 5 episodes of Servamp. The ones with a dub will have "Dub" under them. As of this post, episodes 1 and 2 of Servamp are dubbed, while episodes 3-5 only have subtitles.
Next, Show Detail:
Show Detail is probably the most likely way you'd seek out this information if you didn't know about Queue. I agree that this one is way too many steps, but I'd still like to at least help you find what you're looking for. Let's stick with Servamp.
1. Go to www.funimation.com/shows/servamp
2. Click on the Videos tab
3. At this point, you could actually stop because there are currently only 5 episodes of Servamp out. However, go ahead and click on "View All"
4. Now, you are on the full list. Click on the Language filter in the gray bar and then on "Dubbed". The list will be filtered to only episodes with an English dub, and you will see that there are two. (Now, if you were not an All-AccessPass user, the list would actually filter all the way down to episodes you have permission to watch and would only show 1 dubbed episode as of the time of this post)
Next, Episodes Landing:
1. Click on "Stream" up at the top of the site in the purple bar.
2. Click on "Episodes" in the black bar below that. You are now on the Episodes landing.
3. Let's use One Piece again. First, click on the Language filter and select "Dubbed".
4. Next, click in the white field and enter "One Piece". This will display a list of all dubbed One Piece episodes, but you'll still have to click a bunch of times to view all the pages.