Harutora and Natsume (S1 ending)

• Gah! I'm so happy that Natsume isn't dead anymore but why is Harutora leaving her? Baka-Tora! It doesn't seem right that he went through all the work to revive her just to leave her. Does anybody have any insight as to why he left?

• I am completely with you on this one, I just finished the dubbed episodes 13-24 and barely got up from my desk! I don't understand the ending though, I might have to watch it again and see if I missed something because I couldn't tell if he was himself or the reincarnation guy. It seemed like he was kinda both like a split personality, maybe has two subconscious now or something which seems like they would have a hard time deciding if they were to continue this anime. I would really like some more input from anyone willing to share their thoughts/opinions on this. I can make an assumption that maybe he left to fight that Princess and her goons, but also the weird girl said the ritual worked but they weren't the same, so something may have happened while performing it. Maybe Harutora had to give up something to bring her back or it takes her a long time to recover after being brought back. Thanks for any help, take care

• @chucky118:

I couldn't tell if he was himself or the reincarnation guy. It seemed like he was kinda both like a split personality, maybe has two subconscious now or something which seems like they would have a hard time deciding if they were to continue this anime.

! He was always the reincarnation of Yakou, his memories just didn't awaken until just before Natsume was killed. His plans were always some sort of world domination by the Onmyoji mages, but the fact that he went to such lengths to save Natsume proved that he was still also Harutora and that he valued her life over his world ambitions. Suzu said the ritual kind of worked without any elaboration, which could mean any number of things, but in the context of the anime, it implied that Harutora didn't die as an equivalent exchange

• Thank you for the explanation, I can usually follow animes pretty well but for some reason I got a little confused on that last episode. I thought they were worried about his old memories taking over the existing Harutora consciousness, but then his familiar said when unlocking the seal "Old memories shouldn't overwrite the current mind" or something like that, so it wasn't clear to me if he switched or not. Thanks again for your input and elaborating for me. Take care

• @Riles:

! He was always the reincarnation of Yakou, his memories just didn't awaken until just before Natsume was killed. His plans were always some sort of world domination by the Onmyoji mages, but the fact that he went to such lengths to save Natsume proved that he was still also Harutora and that he valued her life over his world ambitions. Suzu said the ritual kind of worked without any elaboration, which could mean any number of things, but in the context of the anime, it implied that Harutora didn't die as an equivalent exchange

IIRC reading online the story was continued in the novel or manage or whatever. It was stated that she was fused into the dragon so natsume is part of the dragon now and if she uses all the power of the dragon she dies like if the ogre guy. When your tethered to a powerful being or whatever your power is like a glass/tank and there is a limit and it doesn't regen.

http://tokyo-ravens.wikia.com/wiki/Natsume_Tsuchimikado

Living Spirit: After her death and resurrection, Natsume is now considered a Living Spirit while being bound to Hokuto. Much like Touji, she possesses the ability to access more of Hokuto's powers, but the power isn't infinite and if it runs out, she dies.

1st seal: purge - After she releases the first seal, her spiritual power increases explosively. An astonishing high-level yin aura pours from Natsume's entire body.