Question for Soul Eater manga fans

• I'm just beginning the Soul Eater manga (partway through Volume 2) and am finding the general tone and attitude towards the male characters off-putting. Is there much more of this to come? Don't get me wrong; I like the art style, general plot, and action, have seen half a dozen episodes of the anime, and have already made my way through the Soul Eater Not! anime and manga (both of which I enjoyed), so I'm definitely not averse to the Soul Eater-verse. I just don't want to invest my time and money in 20+ volumes of "Soul, you idiot!" etc.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

• Since you're a subscriber I'd recommend watching some of the anime before dumping more money into the manga, at least for the first half it's pretty close to the manga. I don't think that things change too much other than being toned down a little, but I'm having a hard time remembering the specifics. It would still take up time, but at least you wouldn't be spending additional money on a series you don't like.

• Many thanks for the reply; I'll give the anime a try before I go any further with the manga. For some reason, the anime, at least so far, hasn't rubbed me quite the wrong way as the manga has (I'm watching at episode 7 or 8, as I recall).

• Maka and Souls relations ship is not always like that. But they do do it alot in the beginning of the series when the tone is lighter. But one they et into the more serious tone with the Kisshin revival, they pull it back. I'm only about 14 vols in but form what I can tell the maka x soul "Soul you Baka" stick doesn't happen as often.

• That's good to know. I think I'll take this one slowly, volume-by-volume and episode-by-episode.