FUNimation 2.50 - 2.53 Update - Video Usability III: A New Queue & Video History
This update should have been uploaded before Christmas 2014, but since we announced all of the updates on the Blog, I'm only including it here for archival purposes.
Happy Holidays! Here's your present - FUNimation.com version 2.5 Video Usability Update Part III. I'm so excited that we're able to add these new features and other fixes to the site, and I really hope that this makes your anime watching experience a merry one!
The video player now remembers where you left off on all episodes and movies.
- Each minute, the player reports your progress point, so if you want to mark videos you've already watched elsewhere as complete on FUNimation.com, just skip to a time just before the whole minute mark that is nearest to the end of that video. For example, if an episode is 00:24:32, then skip to something like 00:23:55 and let the video play past 00:24:00.
Add "/watch" to the end of any show-site URL to watch that show from where you left off. e.g. www.funimation.com/shows/dragon-ball/watch
- This means that if you have not started watching the show, you'll start on episode 1. If you're in the middle of episode 5, then you'll start from where you left off on that episode. If you've watched everything, then you'll be started back on episode 1.
Based on user feedback, we have completely overhauled the Queue and related site areas. Thank you, everyone!
- If you want to add a bunch of shows quickly to your queue, head on over to www.funimation.com/shows and click on the "Queue" links.
- Add any show to your Queue directly from the Queue. Just choose a Show and click "Add to Queue". Two clicks. Real simple.
- Each show in your Queue now displays the video that you should most likely watch based on your watch progress for the show. You can also see your current watch progress for that video.
- Click on "View All videos" under each show in your Queue to see a list of all of videos and your watch progress.
- Sort your Queue by "Custom" and Drag and drop the shows in your Queue to change the display order.
- Sort your Queue by "Recent" to see the shows in your Queue in order of most recently added videos.
- Sort your Queue by "New to Queue" to see the shows in your Queue in order of when you added them.
- Each show in the Queue now only lists episodes, OVAs, and movies.
- You can now rate any show in your Queue directly from your Queue. Wow!
- You can now search your Queue! Woah.
Now, you can watch your shows no matter where you are on the site. Click on the arrow above your username to see the top seven shows listed in your Queue's custom sort. Each image links to the video you should most likely watch based on your watch progress for that show. (Each of these links to the show site with /watch at the end)
Based on user feedback, we have updated the History section of your Profile.
- We've moved the History tab right next to the Queue tab of your Profile.
- Now, you can see your watch progress for any video that you have watched on the site.
- Now, you can clear your video history. (A multiple user request!)
- Note: Your video history on the website does not sync with devices yet but will soon.
Click on any show listed at www.funimation.com/shows to go to the video that you should most likely watch for that show based on your watch progress for that show.
Each show site now displays which video you should watch based on your watch progress for that show. You can also see your watch progress for that video.
- We have fixed an issue where user playlists were not displaying the correct runtime.
- We have fixed an issue where the first video in a user playlist was appearing twice.
- We have fixed an issue where links were not appearing correctly for some videos in the Queue
- We have fixed an issue where the user would be redirected to the Profile Overview tab after adding a show to or removing a show from the Queue
That's it for now! We're not done yet, either. More new features, improvements, and optimizations are coming soon. :D
- We've added some more messaging to improve the usability of the Account section. You may or may not see this messaging depending on your current subscriber status.
- The Guide is back on all show sites that should have it. You can check out an example by clicking here. We've also updated the Guide to indicate if there are available videos to watch for that episode, ova, special, or movie.
- We have fixed an issue where movies were not appearing on the Videos tab of show site. You can check out an example by clicking here.
- We have fixed an issue where OVAs and Specials were not displaying on a show site's videos landing page. e.g. www.funimation.com/shows/hellsing-ultimate/videos