FUNi Dubbing Other movies/ovas/specials? Any info, anyone know?

• So I just recently got into One Piece, finished East Blue Saga (Thanks to the awesomeness of the streaming app) I ended up downloading all of the movies, Ova's, and specials with english subtitles. cross referenced with the One Piece wikia on what episodes to watch them after via release date. So Far I've watched the first special and the first two films, and absolutely loved them. Does anyone know if FUNi has the rights to the films, specials, and ovas? do you think we'll see them release them all eventually if they do. I would most definitely purchase them. thanks in advance to anyone that responds! :D

• @jaynoll11:

So I just recently got into One Piece, finished East Blue Saga (Thanks to the awesomeness of the streaming app) I ended up downloading all of the movies, Ova's, and specials with english subtitles. cross referenced with the One Piece wikia on what episodes to watch them after via release date. So Far I've watched the first special and the first two films, and absolutely loved them. Does anyone know if FUNi has the rights to the films, specials, and ovas? do you think we'll see them release them all eventually if they do. I would most definitely purchase them. thanks in advance to anyone that responds! :D

Man, I hope so. I hope they(eventually)dub all the movies starting with the latest movie up to funimation's current dubbed episode. lol Because I'm growing restless with the rate these dubs(episodes)are coming out at. I refuse to watch the subs(personal preference) unless in extreme circumstances.

• I hope so. Ive been drooling for a dub of Movie Z for a while now.

• @ssjwizard:

I hope so. Ive been drooling for a dub of Movie Z for a while now.

Dude, Film Z has been out. You can buy it right here: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=92285

• I was gonna say that yeah, Film Z is out, but if you JUST saw East Blue, it's filled with spoilers, and same goes for the rest of the films that FUNimation has (8 and 10, especially 8 since it's based on canonical material).

Does FUNimation have the rights on the rest? We don't know, but from what's confirmed right now, there's nothing announced. Hoping so, though. I've watched all of the films and would love to see them released at some point in English.

• The only other movies they'd even bother licensing are movies 6 and 9. The rest are too old/too short to even consider.

• no, they are interested in eventually licensing all the movies. just going to take some time

• I hope they do. I'd buy Movie 5 in a heartbeat.

• I'd buy movies 4, 5, 6, 7, & 9. Plus the specials. Movies 4 & 5 are fantastic, considering Oda didn't write them like he did with Strong World and Z. But I want to add all the undubbed movies and specials to my collection, because I own EVERYTHING Funimation has released so far. All 6 seansons and all 3 movies.

• It'd be awesome if they released the movies in sets of 3 or something like that! Like how they have the dbz collections of movies!