Season 2 Discussion

• First episode aired yesterday, and it feels like the show never left. I like the old OP and ED songs more, but I'm sure these ones will grow on me eventually.

I've read the manga, so I know where this season is heading, and I'm expecting it to be pretty good. Season 1 made some changes to the content, for better or worse would depend on who you ask I'd assume, it didn't bother me personally. Season 2 has already changed things up a little, but I do think that these changes are for the better. I didn't really care about Nanami having a competition to go to Izumo with another girl (also a human god). It did highlight a negative aspect of the gods' attitudes though, so we'll see. Honestly, if there was one thing that I really wish had been changed, it was the scene where Nanami is attacked. I cringed hard at that scene and Nanami's dialogue in the manga, and I cringed again in the anime. For a series that is otherwise so sweet it was… jarring. There are a few more scenes like that in the manga too. It just feels out of place and unnecessary.

Anyway, I really like Nanami's determination and continued efforts to improve and not rely on Tomoe as much. She's such a fun, loveable, and strong character.

Really looking forward to watching this week to week, and I wonder how far it will get into the manga.

• Yeah, the dialogue in that scene was rather….inappropriate.

Did anyone else notice in the opening scene that Tomoe was wagging his tail at the thought of killing those other yokai? I was rather amused at that, thinking, "death and destruction...that's Tomoe alright."

• My favorite part was when he shocked himself by saying rely on me cause I'm yours . I don't remember anything like that in the manga but I still loved it , does anyone know how long til the English dub might take

• I think he said that in the manga, but now that you mention it I'm not so sure. Hmm. Time to go reread the manga!

English dubs usually take about a year after the Japanese broadcast, unless Funimation decides to do a broadcast dub.

• So its after 9am monday morning where's ep2 at????

• I was wondering the same thing. 10:20am (EST) And still no ep2. ):

• Think I know why. lead tv station in Japan airs the show at 2am on Tuesday. for us, that's Noon on Monday. so it hasn't aired in japan yet. seems there's a scheduling error

• That makes sense then. Just a little bit longer then if that's the case. :3

• This series isn't what I normally watch, however I was surprised and REALLY liked the first season. I hope we get a dub sooner rather than later. In the fall we got laughing under the clouds dubbed on like a 3-4 week delay (about) so I'm holding off on watching season 2 of this hoping we get a dub… damn the fact that I watched the first season dubbed, its so hard to switch.

• Episode 3

Loved how Tomoe was all excited because Nanami left him a letter, but it turned out she was just telling him to do well on her English test for her.

I don't really like Kirihito, but his interactions with Nanami are frequently funny. The War God also gets on my nerves.

• @Firefly:

Episode 3

Loved how Tomoe was all excited because Nanami left him a letter, but it turned out she was just telling him to do well on her English test for her.

I don't really like Kirihito, but his interactions with Nanami are frequently funny. The War God also gets on my nerves.

If you've read the manga, you have good reason NOT to like Kirihito.

After episode 13, I thought Tomoe's days of partying with the Tanuki sisters was over - what a cheater!

• @kdfe001:

If you've read the manga, you have good reason NOT to like Kirihito.

Ooooh definitely. There are a couple of scenes in the manga that make me outright hate him, but I'm not sure the anime will quite reach those points and at this point in the story he's not yet too terrible. He does some really despicable things as the story goes on though.

! Going back to my complete about the scene is season 2 episode 1, there was another very cringe-worthy moment with Kirihito in the manga where it has very sexual assault-y imagery and vibes, and that's ignoring his actions in the past as Akura-oh. I haven't read any of the new chapters past the one with Ami and that sea goddess that Mizuki seemed to form a bond with in the end, so maybe he does EVEN MORE to make himself loathsome.

• I read the manga so long ago (in comparison to where it is at in the anime) and I can't remember if we should expect to see Tomoe renew his familiar contract with Nanami in the next episode. I hope so!

• Looks like the tengu arc is next, which means plenty of Kurama. I really hope this ends up being 2 cours, there's plenty of good material left to cover.

• I agree - they need to get to the arc where the Tomoe/Yukiji relationship is finally clarified. No spoilers, but there is more to it than originally covered back in episode 10.

• And now Nanami has a new admirer!

The tengu child that wanted to take care of the piglet is so cute. Jiro's a jerk, physical strength isn't everything.

• @Firefly:

And now Nanami has a new admirer!

The tengu child that wanted to take care of the piglet is so cute. Jiro's a jerk, physical strength isn't everything.

I won't say he reforms completely, but Jiro turns out to be a halfway decent guy, thanks to Nanami. The real villain of the arc, well, you'll see.

• I'm wondering how long season two is going to be. I've read just about up the current volume of the manga. I love the tengu arc and that we see more of where Kurama comes from. I so want to punch Tomoe sometimes, but he is incredibly endearing still and wants to protect Nanami as much as shield himself from her at the time. Anyone know who is going to voice Jiro?

BTW, I lost my head when I heard Junichi Suwabe voicing Kirhito. Been watching Space Dandy lately and it's nice to hear him brooding again.

• I went poking around the websites and couldn't find how many episodes this season will contain. Anyone?

In this past (3/9) episode, Nanami (and Mamoru) owned everyone - Jiro, Yatori, and yes, even Tomoe. That was something I really enjoyed seeing.

• probably 12.

• @Getchman:

probably 12.

That's what MAL has listed now too. Kind of sad since that means no Tomoe/Yukiji past arc more likely than not, but hopefully we'll get a season 3.