An Idea for an Anime

• I have and idea for an anime and wondering where i can post it at? is it here?

• No.

FUNimation does not make anime. They only localize anime made in Japan.

If you have an idea, you'd have to pitch it to one of the Japanese studios. In Japan.

I hope you're fluent in conversational Japanese. I also hope you're ready to have your hopes and dreams dashed to pieces, seeing as more than likely the Japanese studios have absolutely, positively zero interest in your idea or anything you have to say.

I'm not telling you to give up on your dreams, but….

....yeah, actually I am. Give up on your dreams.

If you've got a good idea, it doesn't HAVE to be anime. Try turning it into a novel, or an indie comic, or something else.

Who knows? Maybe it'll become the next big hit and everyone will love it and it'll sell a billion copies.

..........but I doubt it.

• This should be fine for just the general anime forum if you just want to share your idea. If you are trying to pitch to FUNimation though, I am afraid to say they don't make anime, they just license them.

• Gotcha
    Thanks for the help everybody

• @ TIL Nobu
    Posting that link was the first thing that I thought of when I saw this thread. Despite it possibly coming off a bit harsh, it is an honest answer from inside the industry for anyone with this question. It would be a good idea for anyone with aspirations of having an idea for an anime made to read it so they know the realities of the issue.

• Yeah. As others have said. The sad fact is. For the most part. Japanese companies don't really care about any ideas fans outside of Japan have, if you want to get your idea out there try turning it into a novel or a comic. Maybe take some writing classes, refine your technique. Go to college get a degree in creative writing, English, or journalism, then maybe you can get your idea out there,

But unless you are a Japanese Citizen. Odds are you won't see your idea as an anime.

• Best advice I can give: Keep that idea to yourself. There are outlets available to you where you can self-produce SOMETHING like what your idea is and get an audience. Look at RWBY. It's a relatively low-budget animated series (still a high budget to any normal person, but RELATIVELY low in terms of anime) with really short episodes, amateur voice acting, and kind of a home-brewed animesque feel to it, but people are watching it and it's pretty popular. Like others here have said, it doesn't have to be an anime, especially not one in the traditional sense. I think you should work on it and let it turn out to be whatever type of media it turns out to be.

Do some flash animation, or do some work in programs like Poser. Use resources available to you on the internet like forums for aspiring voice actors, plenty of them would love to join your project, some of them might even do it for free or hopefully just a small fee. Use an outlet like youtube, newgrounds, or make it into a comic and put it on tumblr or deviantart. Better yet, tumblr AND deviantart. There are tons of ways to get your stuff out there these days.

Once you get people watching and looking at your stuff, you may find opportunities open up to you that can get you to your ultimate goal.

• I am an American who loves your anime. Can you please make my dream come true and make an anime for one direction fans? It will mean so much to us. Japanese animation is so popular here that fans of one direction are getting into it. Please make our dream come true and air it in America too.
    Sincerely,
    Danielle Trujillo

P.S. I am a fan of the band. Why don't you post this in a chat like look up one direction fans on facebook or twitter

• @hetaliagirl220:

I am an American who loves your anime. Can you please make my dream come true and make an anime for one direction fans? It will mean so much to us. Japanese animation is so popular here that fans of one direction are getting into it. Please make our dream come true and air it in America too.
    Sincerely,
    Danielle Trujillo

P.S. I am a fan of the band. Why don't you post this in a chat like look up one direction fans on facebook or twitter

Great, now translate that to Japanese and send it to every anime studio you can think of.

Or read the thread. ~_^

• @hetaliagirl220: First off, FUNimation does not make anime. They simply license it from Japan. I've wrote a topic explaining the whole thing right here, and I recommend that you please read it in order to have a better understanding of how anime licensing works: http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?4539-Do-NOT-Request-Future-Seasons-of-Anime-%28New-Forum-Members-Please-Read%29

Secondly, I apologize if I come across as rude here, but I simply have to be frank with you.

An anime based on One Direction seems like it would be a really bad idea.

Series and films based off of current bands and musical artists, be they animated or live-action, all tend to turn out horribly. Try to think back to just how terrible the Spice Girls movie was. Or the Hammerman cartoon. Or even the Backstreet Boys comic book. Or, egads….. even From Justin to Kelly.

Now just think.... As a One Direction fan, do you really want them to suffer the same fate?

• Hey there hetaliagirl220! CJ from FUNimation here!

SpacemanHardy is completely right that you should read the thread he links above– FUNimation is actually an American company and while we have worked with animation studios in the past (think Afro Samurai, for instance) we don't really have any say, generally, in what gets made by Japanese companies. We license content that is already being made in Japan and bring it to/localize it for America.

If you want to get an anime made, you would need to contact Japanese studios, in Japanese and, even then it's not likely that they would take unsolicited requests. You might have more luck talking to some smaller American studios about making something in a Japanese style-- or you could always try something like Kickstarter. A word of warning, though, animation is a LOT more expensive than people think it is. Still, it could be something to consider working on.

Although it's not One Direction, specifically, you might want to check out some anime that's band related-- we have Shonen Hollywood that's simulcasting this season and Mongolian Chop Squad is available on our site as well. I'm sure some other people on the forum could also recommend some great band-related anime for you as well. (Technically I can also think of Gravitation, but I don't really know if that counts as being about a band, so much as about boys wanting to kiss each other a lot ;D)

Let me know if you have any further questions about how licensing works or anything like that-- I'll be happy to answer them for you!

• I have an idea I think that's good. An American teen won a contest in his school and he gets to go to Japan for the school year. When he gets to Japan, he is late to school because he has jet lag. He bumps into a girl and tries to say sorry but he couldn't speak Japanese and the girl couldn't speak English. Then he goes to the school, gets introduced into the class, and the students keep asking him questions and questions about the U.S. And he slowly builds a "harem" of girls that secretly like him. And he lives a Japanese high school life

• @johnbel927:

I have an idea I think that's good. An American teen won a contest in his school and he gets to go to Japan for the school year. When he gets to Japan, he is late to school because he has jet lag. He bumps into a girl and tries to say sorry but he couldn't speak Japanese and the girl couldn't speak English. Then he goes to the school, gets introduced into the class, and the students keep asking him questions and questions about the U.S. And he slowly builds a "harem" of girls that secretly like him. And he lives a Japanese high school life

Read the thread ;P