Assassination Classroom Dub Cast

• If Assassination Classroom ever gets dubbed, who do you guys think would be good for the English cast and explain why it would be a good choice?

• I'm supprised nobody commented yet? I thought that you guys love to type down your ideal dub cast for the show? I don't know much about Assassination Classroom, but this would by my ideal cast.

•Sonny Strait as Koro Sensei (because he good at voicing non-human character like Ragnarok from Soul Eater.)
    •Brina Palencia as Nagisa Shiota (because she's good at doing a little boy voice like Hideyoshi or Ciel.)
    •Bryce Papenbrook as Karma Akabane (because Karma has the Japanese voice of Rin in Blue Excorcist and Bryce did his English voice. PS Bryce needs more FUNimation roles after Attack on Titan & Space Dandy.)
    •Robert McCollum as Tadaomi Karasuma (because he's good as voicing tough guys.)
    •Jamie Marchi as Irina Jelavic (because she's good at voicing characters like her.)

That's my Ideal cast, now I want to see what you guys think your ideal cast is. I'm sure you guys would come up with great casts.

• I don't know anything about the show or the source material and I don't know anything about the characters

I'm pretty sure this is the case with just about everyone here who has seen this thread

• yep, same here

• I understand, I don't know anything about the show and characters either. I'm just glad that somebody finally replied, thanks for that. That show will start on January 9th, after you learn more about the characters please leave another reply on this thread. You don't even need to wait till the anime comes out to know about the characters, you guys can just read the manga then tell me what you think about the characters. When the show comes out, I'm gonna watch it with my big brother (he loves the manga). I really you guys can reply me again.

• I think it would be great if Funimation could do a simuldub for Assassination Classroom. I prefer dubs but I don't mind watching the sub if I really like the show. Thing is a popular shonen anime usually has minimum a year or 2 head-start for fans to get comfortable with the Japanese voices that by the time the dub finally gets released it's unfairly judged and fighting an uphill battle to get approval from the fandom.

If Funimation is smart they will give it a simuldub but of course if the TPTB in Japan are less co-operative to hand over M&E tracks every week then it will unfortunately be a lost opportunity to reduce the dub vs sub fighting…

Personally I thought Space Dandy was an overrated anime and the dub isn't that memorable TBH but I do appreciate that because it was released at the same time as the Japanese version there was less complaining than usual concerning a new dub. :)

Back on topic concerning a possible dub cast. I have read the manga and I am up-to-date.

One casting choice I hope will happen (and I agree with animefan850) is Jamie Marchi as Irina Jelavic.

I have a difficult time imagining anyone else voicing this character and doing it well.

However it wouldn't be the first time a Funimation voice director has disappointed me. I don't know if they're directly connected or just a coincidence but the past year I was a bit frustrated that Jamie Marchi didn't get more lead roles; that's a terrible way to treat one of the best voice actresses in the dub industry looks at imdb page, sees awards

I get that Funimation wants to cast some new talent and give opportunities to other people (and that's fine) but for certain high-caliber VAs they should be used as often as possible assuming Funimation ADR Directors want the best dub possible. I don't mind being a jerk here so why should it be at Jamie's expense instead of some so-so established VA to make room for new talent?

Jamie as Irina would IMO be a nice way to say "sorry for treating you like cr*p last year, we shouldn't have taken you for granted"

As for Bryce Papenbrook getting a role in this show it could be possible if the timing is right. Danganronpa got its home video rights picked up recently (dubbing may have already started or will soon) and I don't see why Funimation wouldn't let Bryce voice Makoto Naegi again since they've already invested a lot of time and money in him for Attack on Titan (and there's also some OVAs and an upcoming season 2 which I assume will also be dubbed eventually). If he's in town recording for Danganronpa he could also work on Assassination Classroom to make the trip worthwhile.

• @MrFootSays Thank you for replying on my thread, I'm really glad that you agree with me about Jamie Marchi as Bitch-sensei (Irina Jelavic). I really just want to know what you guys think your ideal dub cast would be, you don't need to agree with me even though I do appreciate it. I still not 100% sure who will be good for the other characters, I haven't read the manga so I know nothing about the characters. My big brother has been reading the manga and he loves it. I just guessing who would be good for them by lookin at their character appearence. If you come up with a good dub cast please reply on my thead again and let me know.

• @MrFootSays:

Jamie as Irina would IMO be a nice way to say "sorry for treating you like cr*p last year, we shouldn't have taken you for granted"

definitely think you are taking this a little too personally.

• FUNimation has announced on their blog that they will be continuing the broadcast dubs, so that meens there is a chance that this show will be dubbed. So, I would love to see what you guys think your ideal voice cast would be, I'm sure you guys can come up with good ones. PS When the show finally gets dubbed, I promise that I will announce the official dub cast on this forum.

• I have some great news for everybody, FUNimation has announced on their blog that Assassination Classroom will be one of the new shows that will have a broadcast dub. Are you guys excited for it? I know I am. Whenever they announce the cast, I will post it up to this thread. I can't wait to find out who will be in the dub. PS Nobody has been posting what their ideal dub cast were, so please post them quickly before the official cast gets announced.

• I can't wait to read it

• You guys are too late to type down your ideal dub cast now, because the official cast has just been announced. This is the official dub cast.

Koro Sensei Sonny Strait
    Nagisa Shiota Lindsay Seidel
    Tadaomi Karasuma Chris Ryan
    Karma Akabane Austin Tindle
    Isogai Jerry Jewell
    Fuwa Kristi Kang
    Hayami Jamie Marchi
    Hinano Kristen McGuire
    Kaede Monica Rial
    Maehara Chris Burnett
    Mimura Joel McDonald
    Muramatsu Eric Cherry
    Nakamura Apphia Yu
    Okajima Nick Haley
    Okano Didi Archilla
    Sugaya Kyle Phillips
    Kanzaki Leah Clark
    Kimura Jean Luc Hester
    Kirara Terri Doty
    Meg Morgan Garrett
    Sugino Clifford Chapin
    Terasaka Marcus Stimac
    Toka Michelle Rojas
    Yoshida Orion Pitts

• Well, I think the cast is fine, overall. Shiro needs to sound more snobby. I was personally imagining the voices from Sgt. Frog when I was reading the manga.

• I don't know if this will ever be replied to, and I don't know if I will remember to check. Why was the first season dubbed 3 to 4 episodes in, and season two seems to have no dub in view? I can't watch subbed after seeing dubbed, and Vice versa I think I'm screwed!

• @Thomas:

I don't know if this will ever be replied to, and I don't know if I will remember to check. Why was the first season dubbed 3 to 4 episodes in, and season two seems to have no dub in view? I can't watch subbed after seeing dubbed, and Vice versa I think I'm screwed!

season 2's dub has not been uploaded yet

• @Thomas:

I don't know if this will ever be replied to, and I don't know if I will remember to check. Why was the first season dubbed 3 to 4 episodes in, and season two seems to have no dub in view? I can't watch subbed after seeing dubbed, and Vice versa I think I'm screwed!

It's a pretty easy switch for this show, honestly. Everyone sounds pretty similar - even Koro Sensei. The comedy is a bit different, though

• I just started watching this show recently and I'm loving it. I keep getting my partner to watch it with because I think he'd really like it

I've watched both sub and dub so far and In my opinion, the comedy works better in the dubbed version. I never thought I'd ever say that because I prefer watching subs normally. But it this show particularly the dub works and makes the show more hilarious and fun.